Adventure potions not working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, May 13, 2016.

1. Lilura Augur

I have purchased several Bottle of Adventure I potions since my cleric account does not have LotD. Well, I've noticed something. I'm getting the same exp from the DH missions as without, about 10% in level 98. I've done a few missions to check, and it seems like I get the same amount, with or without the potion. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Are you taking the potion at the end of the mission?
  3. MrMajestykx Augur

xp along the way = garbage. If you are going to use them on DH missions, then do like Corwyhn said and pop one at end of the mission for final hail.
  4. Lilura Augur

Yes. No point doing it at the start.
  5. Lilura Augur

Tried again last night. Got half a gold bubble of regular exp on Gribbles both with and without the potion.

Your exp potions are broken, Daybroke. Like everything else.
  6. alanon Lorekeeper

I noticed this this morning myself. I get 10% xp per kill with or without the potion active. Level 15 in crescent reach. I made sure by killing a cave bear that conned yellow same name cave bear too at the same spawn spot,they spawn pretty fast in the cave. the xp potion i used was one of the 10 you get free with the pok port book. someone in general said those might be 10% pots so i got the 50% ones from a pings poignant potion pack and they stacked on top of the free ones so i assume the free are 50% as well. long story short i dont think the pots are working.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I used a 50% potion on a toon today and it was working. Potion bonuses don't stack though
  8. alanon Lorekeeper

What I meant by stack was I had 7 of the potions left from the 10 you get from the claims package. I put the 5 from pings poignant potion pack with the 7 making a total of 12. I only mentioned that because if the free pots were 10% the pings 50%pots should not have increased my quantity. I should have had a stack of 7 and one of 5. Since they combined both pots are 50%. Either way I am getting 10% xp per kill with the pot active or not active. Do low level char (1-20) have a xp cap? I'm thinking there should be a noticeable difference.
  9. Murphy Elder

10% is going to be marginal at best. Might not even register up to a rounding deal towards a full additional percent of exp per mission.
  10. Tyreel Augur

Doesn't cover OPs issue but for alanon's issue.

There is a 'cap' at about 10~12%(display rounding) of regular exp per npc kill.
    If you are killing even con+ mobs 50% potions are generally a waste until around lvl low/mid30s and 25% potions are a waste until low/mid 20s.
    Also 10% potions i wouldn't bother using till 20+ unless you are killing blue con mobs only and still i wouldn't use them till mid teens.
  11. alanon Lorekeeper

Thanks Tyreel I had a suspicion there was a cap. Too bad I burned 3 pots before noticing lol.