Advanced Looting in a Group?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rheyan, May 25, 2015.

1. Rheyan Lorekeeper

I have been using advanced looting solo and found it to be excellent - I've set up all my filters and it loots everything for me automatically and only pops up when there's something new.

However I don't understand how it works in a group. I was in a full group in Befallen and I kept getting some coin from splits when other members looted but no items. Am I supposed to manually click the corpses? I assumed it would roll for things according to my filters where I'd setup "always need" or "always greed".

What am I doing wrong?
  2. Riou EQResource

If the items aren't showing in the bottom box, either your ui has it too small, or the leader/master looter had it turned off
  3. Arrk Augur

It is not you most likely. Most people don't know how to run a master loot.

Master looter has to set the item to roll... and people have to set it to N/G/Never

If no one wants it.. the master looter has to leave on corpse.

The most efficient way is to Set all To: Leave on corpse... then hit the Set All to: button... that makes everything in the loot window leave on corpse... you do this occasionally when the loot window gets large and no one is pending a roll.
  4. Arrk Augur

The one option missing from a master looter standpoint...

There should be an option if no one N/G an item.. and the roll timer counts to zero... then the item is automatically left on corpse...

It currently requires a manual process.
    Indrigoth and Riou like this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

And it's that manual process that is crashing a lot of us.

I had a PUG group today and when the group leader/ML left I took over. He wasn't splitting the money and he didn't automate the rolls so it took a long time for stuff to flow through to us.

I turned on autosplit and then set everything to auto random, giving folks time to make sure they made their choice. Worked like a charm (except for one poor soul who seemed to not win rolls a lot, so I passed him some plat after we talked to make sure he was taken care of).
  6. Rheyan Lorekeeper

Okay so its the whole master looter thing which is confusing. I guess it will take a while for everybody to understand it and get used to it. Thanks for the replies guys.