Added tabs to chat windows, but why ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cokkie, Mar 13, 2019.

1. tanith Augur

or perhaps, with so many things bugged/not 'working as intended' or which players have been pleading for, for years, those aspects could be the focus of 'improvements' not something which no-one apparently asked for or wanted and which has met with near universal derision
    Yinla likes this.
  2. svann Augur

Reminds me of when advanced loot was introduced. So many complaints, but now if you took it away people would quit.
    Ssdar likes this.
  3. smash Augur

I like that some made some ui that I could use, to get back to how it was prior to the tab implemention.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Those have been a god send, just doesn't help with figureing out how to split tabs on a new char.
  5. smash Augur

Not going to use tabs at all, I like my chat windows as they were
  6. Ssdar Augur

The current way to get around that is to switch back to default to split the tabs and then back to your modified UI. Everything else should stay the same when you make the switches, just the tabs will reappear as they are in default, and then disappear when you switch back to Tabless.

I have a feeling that if it is at all possible within the code restraints they will add in an option to display or not display the tabs or at least try and minimize the space taken by them within the next couple patches, but it will likely not happen until the April patch at the very least, so let's work together as a community to keep our heads high and try to have fun with this game we are all so passionate about. I'm sure the devs know that there is a large playerbase that is unhappy and are working towards a solution.
  7. Tappin Augur

I dislike being forced to have to target my group to cast group spells. The game was fine prior to the removal of TGB toggle. I complained and got pooped on. I grew up and found away around it.

How many tabbed windows do you have? It only takes me about 5 minutes to setup a new character. Sure it would be great to have that copy layout feature for tabbed windows, but not earth shattering if they don't. I am sure it's something that will be added later.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think when adding a feature like this a post explaining all the wonderful things we can do with it would go a long way. If there was such a dev post I missed it. Here is a feature figure it out seems less then ideal. But again maybe I missed something.
  9. Tappin Augur

I think they are expecting more traffic to EQ, and want to clean it up a bit. I could be wrong, but with mobile EQ in development they might just be a logical reason to add some quality of life improvements.

However, who knows the real reason to make this change.