Not A Bug Achievements Autogranting reward

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Social Injustice, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Social Injustice New Member

Since the patch on 1/18, when you complete an achievement that gives a reward, for example AA points, the reward is being automatically granted instead of going to the rewards window.

An example would be a collection achievement. I just completed one and instead of getting the rewards window pop-up as normal, It just automatically granted me 10 AA points.
  2. Dharken Elder

Was this a ToL or NoS collection? Those by design go directly to the character, not the rewards window.
  3. Gialana Augur

Maybe it's unfortunate, but this isn't a bug. If a reward only has one option and that option doesn't include an item, it is automatically granted. As for collections, before today's patch, the collection achievements for ToL and NoS only had one option that gave both regular experience and AA, but older expansion collections required you choose between regular exp and AA exp.

I misread the patch notes and thought they updated only the holiday collections. However, it looks like they updated all collection achievements to give both types of experience. So these now only have one reward option and that reward (AA and reg exp) will be automatically given when you collect the last piece.
    Meeko likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not a bug. They changed it with ToL...you just automatically get the reward(s) from the achievement. Of course, this applies only for stuff from ToL going forwards. Older achievement rewards (like collections), you still have to manually click the reward.
  5. Gialana Augur

That's no longer the case with today's patch. It looks like collection achievements have been standardized and that all of them now give 2% of a level (though it's worded 0.02 level) and AA experience, the number of AA dependent on your level. There don't appear to be any that would give a very small percentage of a level to a level 111+ character anymore. Also, in my sporadic checking, there are no older collection achievements that make you choose between regular and AA exp, they all give both.