accountname_characters.ini

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by looffy, Apr 10, 2024.

1. looffy Journeyman

I have about 15 accounts and keeping track of what characters are on what accounts, especially on TLPs where you have to be subbed to see your characters is a huge pain.

The game already has these accountname_characters.ini files for each account you log in to showing a list of characters and servers. The problem is the accountname that gets used is the last one you logged into when you bypassed the launcher and doesn't get updated when using the launcher.

So if you log into "character1" on Bertox on "account1" by bypassing the launcher then your account1_characters.ini will have this line

Character0=character1,bertox

Then if you use the launcher to log into "character2" on Zek on "account2"

Character1=character2,zek

will be added to account1_characters.ini instead of account2_characters.ini

Please fix this so the account that gets used is updated when using the launcher to make the files accurate.
    SteamFox and Brickhaus like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Use a spreadsheet. That's what I do, although only need it rarely.

I confirm the "bug" however as my main accounts have over 80+ characters listed for Xegony in the accountname_characters.ini file. I'm pretty sure they only have 14 and have been at the same 14 for quite some time.

I'm just not sure I want real time spent on such an esoteric bug if not super simply fixed.