Account pages not working!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mrblood38, Jul 22, 2014.

1. mrblood38 New Member

the pages to either buy membership or update my info are not working, they load but stop and nothing shows up. please help, thank you.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

There are a few workarounds. What browser are you currently using?

1. Clear the cache and browser history.
    2. Try a different browser.
  3. Leerah Augur

I'm still trying to get into help.soe.com on my main computer. I can resolve it on my aux. Still have some things to try.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

If you open a Command Prompt and execute the following on both computers do you get the same results on both?

nslookup help.soe.com
  5. Leerah Augur

No, not at all. The main computer gets 64.37.129.1.1
    The aux first goes through my home address then, is 216.136.229.165.
    Should I dump the Google DNS?

What does "Non authoritative answer" mean?
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

If I'm understanding correctly your Main that doesn't resolve has 64.37.129.11 (Sony's DNS server ns2.sonyonline.net) as the DNS to use in your adapter properties and your Aux has 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS server google-public-dns-a.google.com) and does resolve?

At this point the DNS changes very well should have propagated around the globe; long before now actually. There's no reason you couldn't just revert back to changing your DNS entries for your network adapter back to 'Obtain DNS server address automatically' so that it uses the geographic default from your ISP. (Or continue using Google's, it really makes no difference).

Put simply, in order to get where we want to go we need the IP address of the destination but instead of requiring people to memorize IP addresses we use names because it's more intuitive.
    When you type everquest.com in your browser a request is sent to DNS servers that resolve that address to its IP address and you end up at your destination. (basically).

With the booboo that happened all of the sites pointed to Network Solutions because for that brief time for all intents and purposes they owned the domains.
    When SOE regained their domains they were done and all was working as it should. The problem a lot of people had was some DNS servers were still pointing to the old information because the new changes had not propagated to them yet. (That's why alternate DNS servers known to have been working (like Google's) were suggested to use temporarily until the rest caught up).

You can disregard the "non-authoritative answer", it doesn't have any bearing on the problem. It's just stating that that DNS server is not an authoritative server for the domain in question.
    Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away with my typing.
  7. Leerah Augur

The main, that cannot resolve help.soe.com, has 8.8.8.8. I changed nothing on the aux. I'll get rid of the Google DNS on my next reboot. I bet it's something as simple as turning auto something back on. Thanks.
  8. TSR-AlexS Augur

There was an issue with our login servers yesterday which had caused this to happen. Everything should be good now. Please submit in a support ticket if you still have issues.