ac for beast?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by krichton, Jun 28, 2013.

1. krichton Elder

since the beastlords' ac cap is so low is it worth it to use all ac augs with agilty heroics?
  2. Stubar Augur

I would lean towards Dex heroic if you want to go in that direction. Dex is much better than agi from a defensive point of view. I've recently changed all my Augs to be mostly Dex (cuz bored and I love to try different configs) and out of all the heroics, Dex outweighs agi and sta by long shot for survivability. If a Dex Aug has ac on it, I always try to use it over a non ac one . Our returns on ac aren't great because of the cap, however every little bit helps.

On a side note, not only does Dex help you defensively, it helps with crit rates therefore helping with increased dps.
    Zunar likes this.
  3. Brosa Augur

Agree with everything you said previous but are you absolutely sure this is correct? For melee crits?
    The more I learn about heroics the more I don't see why ANY melee class would go for anything other then Hdex
  4. Stubar Augur

Yes, however it was nerfed in a MAJOR way last year, so the returns aren't near as good as they were. I'm still running the numbers in real raid situations to see what kind of returns I get.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

It's because heroic dex also increases base dex, which has always been linked to melee crit chance (as long as there have been melee crits, anyway). Some still like heroic strength for that 1 damage every 10 points, but a single cleave aug on a slot that a class can spare (beastlords don't have a lot to spare like most hybrids, unfortunately) is worth 320 heroic strength anyway, so...
    (I'm with you though, heroic dex on classes with parry and riposte ftw- surviving easier to have fewer periods of rez effects eating damage potential is $$$- or even just less time spent healing yourself and more with the damage)
    Apex and Stubar like this.
  6. Greyowl Augur

Whats the ac soft cap value for Bst then .. do we have a number ?
  7. Greyowl Augur

Anyone ?
  8. Recnarp Augur

No idea, but Stubar is a noob.
    Stubar likes this.
  9. Astran Elder

It's hard to come up with an exact number since we're trivially above it. If you're at the point where gear selection is actually meaningful (i.e. not just upgrading from expansion to expansion) then you're far above the softcap and will be getting very little benefit from small incremental upgrades.
  10. Stubar Augur

This is a valid statement.