About to roll up some toons but have a few questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sihpa, Jul 7, 2016.

1. sihpa Augur

The three main classes I want to explore this go around are beastlord, cleric and/or shaman oh and possibly a berserker so I guess thats four classes. I'd love to play a bard but I am not really into pulling these days so I dont really see myself playing that class to its fullest.

Beastlords, when are they being unlocked? I see 19 weeks posted here and there for luclins release but is that accurate? They arent going to be available before luclins launch right? Any reliable word on berserkers becoming available or are they stuck awaiting GoD's unlocking? I've always been interested in them but for w/e reason just never gave them a shot.

Clerics, when do clerics stop using CH as their main heal in groups and raids? PoP maybe? GoD? Also when do TLP's typically put OOC regen back in? I love to raid as a modern cleric (SoF+) but always tended to solo (ya not a great class for that but OOC regen enables nonsoloers to half function.. did it as a rogue for years so im not scared of the pain) after group progression stuff was done and raids were over.

Shaman, I'd really like to play a support focused shaman for melee groups but im wary of the micromanaging of single target buffs with low durations. Champ and puma I can handle of course but what about the straight up stat bonus buffs? When do they become reasonable for a shaman to manage? PoP im thinking iirc with the focus line? Perhaps earlier with AA buff extensions?

Thank you for reading ^.^
  2. Garmr Augur

If you insist on rolling a toon now, roll a druid with an eye to using him to PL your Beastlord on Sept.28. Zerks wont launch until GoD iirc, so an even longer wait. I started a few months ago and the wait for my BST is killin me lol. Personally I'd just go enjoy the summer and come roll one when Luclin launches.
  3. Killerroy New Member

Cleric complete heal is capped at 7k health. The spell will not be replaced til Omens ish when tanks all hit the 10k hp and above. You get mini complete heals which do work with aa's and focus. You do not have to focus on alot of buffs as a shaman if you do not want to. By luclin most classes will have the basic stats maxed or near maxed out. group focus and focus I think is the bread and butter spells that shaman will use most of the time. Luclin really takes away the pain of buffing groups.
  4. sihpa Augur

So luclin for buff consolidation thats really good to know! Sep 28thish is when luclin comes out then? Yep the 28th just found it in the Sense Heading post that id overlooked somehow.. :p

What about OOC regen when does that become a thing on TLP's? Any ideas?
  5. Kloven Elder

There is already OOC and mana regen increases when sitting and OOC. I don't think it's the same percentage as how it works on live, but still good.

For a shaman's stat buffs, there are group versions from 57-59 of AGI/DEX/STA/STR which you can get and are excellent in groups and raiding. The focus line starts with the level 60 Focus of Spirit but it's single target, so I still use the group buffs mostly and just cast Focus on specific folks. Slow is very powerful in the early game, so I'd consider shaman to partner with any class.

However, if your true goal is a Beastlord, I agree just level a druid for now to PL the beastie later.
  6. sihpa Augur

Awesome news that OOC regen is already in even if not as powerful as live!

Beastlords arent exactly my first pick, id rather play a cleric (and will eventually main one regardless) but I dont like early expansion clerics since they get stuck with poor regen when solo and 1 spell to cast in groups/raids. Oversimplification I admit but its basically true. However.. if the solo regen isnt paint-drying-on-the-walls slow then I might focus on one sooner rather than later and just deal with the boring 1 spell to cast lot they start with in early expansions.. but it was said OoW is when clerics start to shelve CH and I cant help but to think "really?"

Shaman are sounding like they're not as tedious to play as I had originally thought they'd be. I might look into them a bit more hmm
  7. taliefer Augur

OOC regen is not in game. they just never removed the icon for it.

you regain hps faster the longer you are sitting, mana regen is always the same based on buffs n whatnot
  8. Chuuk Augur

OOC HP regen builds up the longer you sit...maxes out at 96hp/tick (highest I've seen), although it takes quite a while to build up to that.

If you're going to do the powerleveling a beastlord route, I would make a monk for 3 reasons:

1. You can just give *most* of your monk gear to your BL
    2. Monks are loved in groups and raids for their insane DPS...so easy to initially level
    3. Monks are arguably the best plvlers in the game from 20+

Just a thought