About that recruit thingie??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ratbo Peep, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

While visiting over the Thanksgiving weekend, my step-grandson made an EQ account, I guilded him, and he got a house lot in the guild neighborhood (paid up for a year with Rat's SoD chronobines) and he advanced his little Wizzie to level 10 with no help and very little input from me. He also shot the cash to go silver. (at my suggestion)
    Only last night, did I think of the recruit program. (Qest can kick me now - and hard)
    Is there a way to retroactively recruit him? This is more for his benefit than mine.
    -Rat
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Not as far as I am aware.

Of course, you could make him a new account, accept the invite, roll a wizard of the same name (deleting the old one first, of course), give it the cash and play it up to the same level. Right :)

Or just make some more gifts as he levels.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Nope. I'd say the recruit rewards are more valuable than just Silver membership.

IIRC, if you spend $10 you get 500 SC among the other additional rewards for spending $10 or more, so you could re-buy the Silver Membership.

At level 10, or even level 40, I'd restart for the rewards. With all the XP pots and gear, you'd quickly regain your level, and be way ahead. Just be careful not to discourage a new player by forcing them unwillingly to restart. Some people instantly bond with their character and don't appreciate restarting.

Also, you'd do better selling the Chronobines in the Bazaar and paying for your house in plat.
  4. doktartp Augur

The same recruit thingy with tradeable xp potions people are trying to sale ?

I am sad I missed the previous RAF promotion, and might do this one for alts if they can be silver.