AA Help - Cleric

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarvas, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Hello, folks. I was wondering if any one who has a free moment or two could cruise over my AAs on the cleric give me any pointers on where to go next. He a work in progress gear wise, but I hope have him in decent shape for a substitute cleric on raids soon. Biggest problem is making the fingers go where I want them to with activated AAs and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]
  2. Crystilla Augur

Just took a peek and overall I can tell you really looked hard at the healing AA's and got the vast majority of them which is great. There are some others that will help boost what you're already doing and where some multiple AA's can easily be put on a hotkey to trigger multiple activated ones at the same time.
    Here are my suggestions for the next round of AA's.

• Class AA's
      • Celestial Rapidity rank 1-3 (12/15/18 AA). This will give you 36 seconds of spell casting at max spell haste.
      • Flurry of Life rank 1-3 (12/15/18 AA). This will increase the effectiveness of your heals by 30% for 1 minute.
      • Fundament of Wisdom 1-9 and 1st/2nd/3rd Spire rank 1-3. Purpose ultimately is to get 3rd Spire maxxed. This AA is invaluable and often used on rotations. It increases survivability of the group for 90 seconds by - increase Melee Mitigation by 4%, Absorb Melee Damage: 3%, Absorb Spell Damage: 3%, Increase AC by 65.
      • Hastened Divine Intervention rank 6 - to bring the DI's down to 30 second recast.
      • Hastened Renewal ranks 1-6. Brings all renewal spells down to 18 sec recasts. (And since you can have two expansion's renewals up, that's a renewal cast every 9 seconds basically. They are linked but on alternating expansions like our divine aura/barrier line is.)
      • Improved Burst of Life ranks 8-10.
    • Archetype AA's
      • Intrinsic Efficiency rank 1-3. Helps reduce the # of emeralds you'll spend on DI.
      • Twinheal ranks 4-5
    However, I did notice a few things that I would ask about:

1. Do you currently or do you think you're going to run into mana regeneration issues? I noticed your max mana regen looks to be +20 currently and you can boost that tremendously to take advantage of the +Mana Regen already on your gear (you're at 57 according to magelo so have 37 MR being wasted).
      1. Discordant Defiance (General tab) - this will boost your resists when maxxed to 750. And then you can take hit to 800 with the trials.
    2. HP raising AA's. If your HP there are correct, that's going to be incredibly low and hard for you to heal through some of the AA's on the raids coming up. If progress forum is correct, you're working on Rubak and/or Temple. CoB AE's on up will be very hard to heal through, so boosting your HP will make your job easier overall.
      1. Things like General Sturdiness, Natural Durability, etc.
    3. Grab any gear you can to help boost your focii as well.
      1. Boots especially pick up an old raid rot (spell haste focus).
      2. Back item (to give you longer elixers).
    Those are the main initial things I can think of immediately. I know Mykaylla or someone else will have some other ideas I missed.
  3. Mykaylla Augur

I would go with all of the bolded ones Crystilla listed, except that I would hold off on the last two ranks of twinheal for now. 2% isn't an enormous difference, and never be afraid to force twinheals if you need them with glorious.

As for additions, in no particular order...
    Defensives. You're really squishy at the moment. Things will hit you for a LOT, because you don't have any combat stability, and do it often, with no agility, armour of wisdom, shield block. You're also low on hp for AEs. Also, your avoidance and dot shielding are not maxed yet, so you'll take more damage than others around you. Remember that dead clerics heal no one. Get your Natural Durability maxed, start off with the first eight ranks of Agility and Stability, and knock out your Armour of Wisdom/Shield Block.

Gate. It's cheap, useful, and done quickly.

Forceful Rejuvenation. Whether you need to have DI up again *right now*, refresh all your fastest and biggest heals like interventions, renewals, and 14th Catalyst, or need to be able to DA and you didn't have one ready, Forceful is a useful tool.

Secondary Forte. You're low on mana, and you don't have the tools of the trade yet, like an anomalous rock of alteration and a shawl, even if you do have quiet miracle. You have two choices with this- evocation and abjuration. The argument for each is that evocation is for preserving mana on nukes (that includes glorious and contravention nuke/heals), and abjuration is for preserving mana on buffs. As a raiding cleric, who keeps Glorious on my spellbar nearly 24/7... I still go for abjuration as my secondary forte. My personal opinion on that is, buffs are my most expensive heals. As a raider, I have a timer most of the times I am casting them, and if I need mana when I am nuking, it's likely a situation where I can use a Theft of Thought proc weapon to keep my mana up (since I'm not flat out healing). For clerics that solely group, I would go the opposite way- they're usually buffing out of combat, and saving mana nuking helps you run for longer without needing a break. Secondary forte will do more for your mana pool, for cheap, than sinking them into mental clarity/expansive mind/mental stamina at the moment.

Purified Spirits. It's cheap, instant, and you don't have to retarget to cure yourself.

Hastened Purified Spirits, Purification of the Soul. It's going to shave a lot off your time.

Bestow Divine Aura/Cascading Divine Aura, plus Hastened Divinity. At the moment, to have a DA, you need to sacrifice the spell slots, and you can't DA anyone else. Must haves. Sometimes Fade doesn't help.

Touch of the Divine. A chance to cheat death? Sign me up.

Mystical Attuning. Get at least some. With zero ranks, you're going to get bufflocked too easily, and have to pick and choose things to click off. Being bufflocked something useful at a key time sucks.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yes, I definitely feel a little squishy and lite on the mana. Hopefully I will be able to fix that pretty soon. Thank you both very much for the input.
  5. Crystilla Augur

The key thing to remember - you can make a plan but may not want to plan too far out in advance. Don't be afraid to change it up a bit based on your needs.

If you're dying to AE's (or taking too much damage) -- work on raising your HP
    If you're getting hit/pulling aggro or dying when you do occasionally get hit -- work on defensives and a little spell casting subtlety.
    If you're having issues running out of mana -- work on raising your mana regeneration

Rubak was the first time in years I started reusing silent casting (just because of the way my guild did the event). City of Bronze AE's will hurt a lot until you're higher in HP.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is too late now for this toon but do you all think mana regen should be done before the gift line?
  7. Crystilla Augur

Personally I'm not sure there is consensus on that. It's really going to depend on need IMO. I do think gift line should be done immediately upon the new level. After the first 3 Gift of mana lines, every future AA is a single purchase (not 3 ranks like GoM was).