AA for traveling request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Szan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Szan Lorekeeper

From what I have been reading and hearing one of the major complaints about the fade changes is that classes have lost the ability to travel through a zone. I know that I am a bit annoyed about the change to monks imitate death to have only a 1 minute invis.

I would like to see a new AA (general tab maybe) for all classes to be able to regain the invis piece of their fade. Call it something like self invis, make it require that you are not in combat, have a few seconds cast time on it, but have it give you perma invis while you are in the zone. Of course it would still have the chance to break because of see invis mobs, but it would give the travel piece of the fades back to everyone.

Yes I am aware of invis pots, but they are annoying because they can fade. If the AA is not something that they want to do, then give us invis pots that give us the same thing, perma invis is nice and makes the game more enjoyable instead of having to watch for your invis buff to fade or break (without a mob attacking you) while you are running through a zone to get to where you are going.

Szan
    Ishtass likes this.
  2. segap Augur

Why not just change the map to allow you to click anywhere and be instantly ported there? Or how about make every mob non-aggro until you enter combat?

Travel is easy enough in the current game. There should at least be some constraints/risk to moving around zones. Otherwise, why even have see-invis mobs?
  3. Szan Lorekeeper

I am fine with the risk of see-invis mobs, what I don't like is the random fading of my invis potion. It does not give me any enjoyment in a game to have it randomly fade while I am running through a zone or two to get where I want to get to.

For this reason I would use imitate death to give me an invis that only faded if a see invis mob saw me (or i zoned out of the current zone). Since they don't seem to want fades to have that invis piece anymore it seems reasonable to ask for a new AA that gives that travel piece back to us. I suspect that other classes (and players) would like the invis back from fades because it enabled some travel options with out the frustration of buffs fading.

Szan
  4. mackal Augur

Are there any craftable fixed duration invis pots?
  5. Kolani Augur

Yeah, but requires Exceptional Shissar Blood and is a 270 Triv.
  6. mackal Augur

Hmm, maybe they could add something a little more modern :p
  7. Gundolin Augur

Since I moved the cloudy potions in my potion belt with their instant cast I haven't really had problem with invis fading. Am I becoming visible for a 1/8 of a second and just not noticing?
  8. mackal Augur

If you are hitting the pot again after the message you shouldn't be.
  9. Gundolin Augur

Yep, right when you get the start to fade message, (you feel yourself starting to appear) click the potion and reapply. Doesn't seem like a big deal, usually have between 1 and 4 stacks of potion on me. Get a little nervous if it drops under 20 total.