AA Capped? Here's an idea.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Braveheart Augur

My main gets capped AA very quickly after a new release. Here is my suggestion. Allow me to "BANK" aa into an evolving item. Then let me sell this "Evolved item" on the bazaar for plat. Limit the use of this "Evolved item" to one click per week (Or every 48 hours). Make it in amounts of 50aa, 100aa.

You might argue this is lazy and people will not know their class. I argue this is not the case. These same people are already being power leveled. Now they do not have to be there, and you can "Power level" in any zone, without them hindering the speed of kills by being in the group.

Recruiting will also be easier. One of the down sides to keeping a guild's roster full, is 1. Gear (attuned gear solved this problem), 2. Level ( just have to recruit lower levels and help them), and AA (see above).
  2. Oranges Augur

They could make it a glowstick, the more AA it holds the more it glows.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Blademaster Elder

Not a bad idea at all, but may I suggest granting fellowship exp bonus instead of flat granting aa?
  4. silku Augur

I like the idea. I also like the idea of 'mentoring' aa.
    Braveheart likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

i dotn like it at all its just an even lazier way to sell powerlevelling, already a bane on the game. i mean you stated right away you wanted to sell these things in the bazaar not givem away to friends even , but you're a big proponent of powerlevelling so it's not too surprising. This will also make people even faster to cap their aas and xp at the launch of an expansion because not only can they store collections by not clicking final piece, store 10 rewards as well as hold off on hails, but now you want ot give people clickies to stick in the bank to pull out and click on top of it.
  6. Braveheart Augur

True, I do PL occasionally. Sometimes for plat, sometimes for fun. I've made quite a few friends in this game helping them level fast. Truth be told, I have more plat that I know what to do with. I just blow it and even give it away. I spent millions on Insidious, which I passed out to friends. I'd most likely give the AA to someone who really needed it, or help get a recruit up to speed.

I was nervous bringing this up. I do not want 3rd party businesses exploiting this for gain.
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Would love if I could spend 5 or 10 AA to convert it into 1 AA for an alt, or something along those lines. As I must say the enjoyment of the game dramatically drops for a character once his AAs are maxxed.
  8. smobonator New Member

To elaborate on the idea, perhaps make it into an AA in the special tab that is expendable and grants you an evolving item that has 10 levels. Each level is 10 AAs worth of experience and has once you get one level on it a click that allows you to devolve it to claim the 10 AAs. Now, here is where I think they should do with it. Making it Lore and allowing a 20 hour timer for clicking it once. You can make the item and spend the time on it to either max it and put it in the bazaar or give it to an alt or give it to a friend who needs some AAs.

If and when I would get max AAs again on any one of my characters, I would buy this and put work into evolving it. I really think its a good idea and not overly powerful. It would help people who are hitting max easily have something to do and perhaps either help others or make plat on the side.
  9. Greymantle Augur

There is something like this now actually. The glyphs you win in LON card game can now be converted into one aa or spent on the re-usable ones.
    Chanters and such can generate stones that grant mana/hps . Essence emeralds convert hps to rez stones, another example.So it's not too big a streach to make an item that grants AA's .

Unlikely to be a one for one ratio though, 5:1 seems reasonable, spend 5aa to generate a glyph . Make them tradeable.
  10. MrGPAC Augur

Biggest issue here is the AA curve. IS it based on AA's spent or AA's earned? Create a toon, level them up to whatever level is best for you to powerlevel AA's...and get a bunch of AA's at 5000% the rate of someone with near max AA's, then they turn around and sell it.

Perhaps they could make it so you can only buy this AA if you have already exceeded the AA curve. Heck...maybe they could then make it so you can only USE the glyph up until a certain AA amount (i.e. you can use it to get a toon to a total of 3k aa's, but no more than that). That could actually solve a lot of the problems with "Auto granting" aa's and make an interesting market/use for platinum again...

Not something I expect them to put time into...but if done right it could be nifty.

~MrGPAC
  11. Braveheart Augur

Use for Glyphs on raids? Have guilds bank them to improve dps?
  12. Chunk Elder

I would like an aa that makes you unsummonable to mobs a certain level under you. This is an incredibly annoying mechanic for trivalent content.

How about 3 ranks, 15aa cost each. Call it innate sturdiness or something like that.
    Rank 1-mobs 30 levels below you can't summon you
    Rank 2-mobs 20 levels below you can't summon you
    Rank 3-mobs 10 levels below you can't summon you

Not sure if code would allow this, but I would love it and max aa right away.
    Elricvonclief and Sinestra like this.
  13. Braveheart Augur

Are you hijacking my thread?
  14. Tegila Augur

i like and dislike this lol..i hate being summoned by 30level ancient mobs, but there are still older raids i do where i want the mob to be able to summon me and thus i woudltn be able to buy al lranks or ever remax aa again if they did it lol. however that could be a nice new expendable aa..buy teh glyph, click it it lasts 10 minutes 10 minute reuse per click so you can be perpetually unsummonable if you so choose..or you can let it run otu and become summonable again
  15. Potionless Elder

You would want to have the ability to turn on/off immunity to summon in case you want to use the "summon through locked door" trick.
  16. Axxius Augur

How about a level check for stun? It's ridiculous that lv 5 mobs can stun a lv 100 player.
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

very annoying especially when your a high level wizard.

Andarriel
  18. Braveheart Augur

what about banked AA items?
  19. MrGPAC Augur

Are there any AA's that create items? You'd think it would be possible...a summon item XYZ AA?

Assuming there is they'd be able to do it if they wanted to.

Step 1) Create Glyph AA to summon item XYZ.
    Step 2) Create quest.
    Step 3) Quests only step is turn in item XYZ.
    Step 4) Quest reward is X amount of AA's

The question is if they want to. I wonder what would happen if they made the item lore and no rent? That way you couldn't use it to bank up for the next expansion, and having 1 at a time could prevent hoarding. You could also give that quest a 12-24 hour lockout if you wanted.

~MrGPAC
    Braveheart likes this.