AA auto-grant question?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by joefezz, May 6, 2015.

1. joefezz New Member

I have a question about the AA auto grant. I personally think 2 expansion difference is kind of small and discourages players from grinding out AAs. Why spend hours grinding AAs when I'll be given them for free anyways? It will be less significant for SoL and PoP, because with 6 months in each expansion maxing AAs won't be overly difficult, but during GoD onward it becomes kind of annoying that someone who puts in hours farming AAs can be matched by someone who just waits until the given expansion turns. Not an overly pressing issue, but I would be in favor of increasing the expansion difference from 2 to 3. I know the idea behind AA autogrant was to help new players catch up, but there is still a sense of accomplishment players get from maxing level and AAs in a given expansion, and trivializing that accomplishment makes it less satisfying. This was one of the problems with RaF (thank god thats gone), it made leveling characters seem overly simple.

Again, not a huge issue, but something worth discussing IMHO
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. Bandok Augur

Why grind them out? So that you have use of them during those two expansions before they get granted to you for free.

With the slower progression, it's not quite as needed as it was on Fippy. Someone catching up on a new character with expansions opening every three months required a lot of effort. Every seven months? It'll be easier. But it had been voted on on Fippy and Vulak, with the results being applied to all subsequent progression servers, and starting at GoD is what won there.
  3. Intin Elder

Enjoy not playing so that you can automatically get AAs in a year.. and then you can not play again then so you get the AAs that you would be grinding then in a year. Tremendous circular logic here.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  4. Grizzlyy Journeyman

I agree with the OP!! I believe activating the auto grant hurts the grinder. Theoretically I can casually play a half dozen different toons while a super grinder maxes out all AA's possible and all of the casual players toons will be able to stay 2 expansions behind the player with the most AA's at all times.
  5. Intin Elder

This argument is ridiculous. GoD is the first expansion in which AA autogrant COULD be enabled. At that point expansions are 3 months each. It's the exact scenario the OP discusses on Fippy.
  6. Grizzlyy Journeyman

So in theory I can main change 7-8 times and at the very worst only be 6 months behind, on all 7 or 8 toons, the min/maxer grinding every single AA always playing his one toon? That sounds fair? Gotcha!