a_raspy_grimling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Garadgari, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Garadgari Journeyman

a_raspy_grimling just will not pop in Grimling Forest. We have wiped the zone sooo many times over several months and not one pop. All the other named come up multiple times. Can you check to see if broken, please?
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=26127

PH are the 2 grimlings on top of a hill. One is a painsoother, the other varies. Directly across on the next hill to the northwest is another painsoother.
    Paste in grimling map text file:
    P -527.21, 106.79, 204, 127, 64, 0, 3, a_raspy_grimling
  3. Garadgari Journeyman

There are no grimlings at -527.21, 106.79, 204, 127, 64, 0, 3. On Brewall, a_raspy_grimling is located at /waypoint 770.30, -117.13, 13.21. There are a pair there, and one is always a painsoother.
    We have wiped all the painsoothers multiple times... :\
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I don't know anything about this mob, but I hope this helps.

[IMG]

The map location here is correct.

If you knew how maps worked, you'd know the locations are a little convoluted and backwards.
  5. Garadgari Journeyman

"If you knew how maps worked.." Wow...condescension. The map location is the first three numbers (-527.21, 106.79, 204).

Went to your map location and I'll state again, there are no mobs there. That is why I am asking if it is broken.
    [IMG]

There are 2 mobs (one always a Painsoother) near where Brewall indicates on the map.
    [IMG]
  6. Gialana Augur

What he was rudely trying to point out is that Eaedyliye gave you a point you could put in your map file. The first and second numbers in the maps files don't match what it returned from /loc in game. They are reversed and multiplied by -1. So if you put
    P -527, 107, 204, 127, 64, 0, 3 a_raspy_grimling
    in the zone's map file and then went to the location in game indicated on the map, /loc would return
    -107, 527, 204.
    Garadgari likes this.
  7. Garadgari Journeyman

Gailana! You ROCK! That was very helpful!
  8. Garadgari Journeyman

Not sure if they reset the zone but he was up this morning. (There was only a PH at 3am.)
    Nennius likes this.