A thought on Mercenaries

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomas Bruns, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Thomas Bruns New Member

Having more than a few characters in the 70's and 80's, I have noticed a decided lack of Merc gear available in the bazaar. If any are listed, they are always for level 105 or 120. While that's nice and all, it doesn't help any of my mercenaries all that much. I know that there are merchants who sell level 75, 80, 85, etc. gear, but none of those merchants will speak to me. I do some of the suggested quests to build faction, but it's very very slow to happen and, by the time I could actually get faction up to the point where he/she will sell, it's far too late to do me any good. It would be nice to see lower level merc gear for sale in the DB store. That way those of us who don't want to spend weeks doing faction and then currency quests could just buy the gear we need. Those who don't want to pay money for gear can always work on the quests. But it would be nice to have that option.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

At your level, you need to be doing CoTF heroic adventures to earn currency. You can then use that currency to buy merc gear from the merchant in ETWK. There is no tradeable merc gear at those levels.

If you make it to 120+, the merc gear is now all-in-one, meaning there's just one set...no more getting stuff for a tank, and then having to swap it out for healer gear when you switch mercs. It's tradeable and such a freaking common drop that I've got my mains and all my alts outfitted with it, plus sets in the bank, plus pieces on a trader, plus I'm to the point of just letting it rot.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All the merc gear to level 105 is no trade so that is why there is none in baz. After level 105 it becomes tradeable and saleable.

Which zone are you in that there is a faction requirement to buy merc gear? What quests say they build faction? I never ran into a faction restriction for buying merc gear so am curious.

The best way is Marks of Valor from the HA in Tainted Karana, Bixie Warfront and Dead Hills. These award the marks at the end of the mission. They add up fast and you can get more by checking with Teek and seeing if any of these are one of the two dailys he offers. He will also send you there. This will give you twice the rewards since you have the bonus mission and the base mission.

At your level you want to do the easier ones like those given by Marla in Tainted K or Gribble in Dead Hills. It should not take weeks since it only takes about 960 marks per item. You can also get marks from the Overseer vendor.

The did have lower merc gear but you had to have pre ordered the Call of the Forsaken: it came with lower level merc gear called Vestments of the Forsaken. This is no longer available. So based on that attempt I doubt they would put lower merc gear in the marketplace and the thought process is that players will level up so fast its not needed.

Personally my mercs were not geared that well early on. I got them a few things but it didn't seem as beneficial as when they were higher level and got the good stuff like 105 Vigilant and the new Grandiose.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  4. Conq Augur

I have no words. (That they'll let me post.)