a story of a warrior

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benhan, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Benhan Journeyman

A warrior sits down at the bar next to a necromancer. The war taps the necro on the shoulder.

"What?", the necro asked, miffed at being interrupted from his drink.

"How about you conjure me up something to drink?", says the warrior.

The necromancer looks at the warrior incredulously and says, "Man, have you got the wrong guy." and returns to his ale in silence.

The war taps the necro on the shoulder again and asks, "Well, then, how about you summon up something for me to eat?"

The necro, getting more than a little annoyed now, responds, "If I can't conjure you up something to drink, what in HELL makes you think I can summon you something to eat?"

The necro goes back to his drink in a huff and, sure enough, the warrior taps him on the shoulder yet again.

"I'm sorry, ", he says, "but I thought you might do something nice for somebody else."

The necromancer takes a last swig of his beer, turns towards the warrior and smashes the bottle over the warrior's head. While the war was laying there bleeding, the necro said, "I'm sorry, I thought you could tank!"
  2. Zegzag New Member

I thought they could taunt as well? Wait never mind that's just our pets....:rolleyes:
  3. Cindayen Elder

<3
    Benhan likes this.
  4. Eubedyen Lorekeeper

5. Retrievil Elder

If the necro had the two VT drops (like me), then he could have summoned the warrior some black bread and water. Sounds like that necro needs to do some farming!
    Rouan likes this.
  6. Langya Augur

Farming gets in the way of quality time at the bar.
    Cindayen likes this.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Paladin tells the necro "twitch me, ya "....

./ducks
  8. Xirtket Augur

Is this a veiled/backdoor way to make another comment about tanks not "tanking" as good as pets?

If so, the problem only arises when (imo) a new expansion comes out, a pet will come summoned with new stats, a tank doesn't, they have to raid in order to catch up/surpass the pets tanking ability, so it takes them time, and obviously, they don't like waiting.
  9. Explicit Augur

I'm pretty sure it was just a joke, for the sake of joking.
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Shang Augur

It's a metaphor for alcohol abuse.

The OP is a mother against drunk driving.
  11. Braveheart Augur

I would have just beat the shyte out of the necro and took his beer! How's that for tanking.... LOL
  12. tofu stir fry Augur

i think the warrior tapping the necro on the shoulder was his taunt ......
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Voragath Augur

Clearly not because it worked....
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sinestra and Zegzag like this.
  14. Kurayami Augur

A story that has a necro getting mistaken for a mage and a warrior getting 1 rounded? I love it! Think I would have liked what a Wizard or Enchanter could have done to the warrior even more though, such as warping him to the plane of hate or charming him and sending him out against the town's guards.

The whole story would have been way different if the warrior had sword-chucks though.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Gladare Augur

This was just posted on my guild forums except it used a paladin instead of a warrior. Paladin makes slightly more sense. I mean, if a warrior isn't a tank, what is he? Either way, it's not especially funny. It could work as part of character development in a story though.
  16. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

i thought it was rather funny, besides ive known many warriors that were not tanks. what are they? totally worthless.