A solution to the Mischief queue and boxing quandary

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bardy McFly, May 10, 2021.

1. Bardy McFly Augur

Announce a second server launching at the same day and time as Mischief.

Make the second server boxer friendly.

Agree to merge the Truebox server into the boxing server after a specific expansion. (after PoP?)

Make everyone happy since the servers start to lose a lot of the community after PoP and it's an appropriate time to kill off Truebox, anyway.
    Skuz and theonepercent like this.
  2. Elabone Augur

This is already been/being discussed in about 6 other threads.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

I haven't seen the suggestion of my server merge strategy suggested.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think this was the first one where they suggested the truebox server merges into the boxer server. Could be an interesting way to remove truebox after a certain expac.
    Skuz and Bardy McFly like this.
  5. Bardy McFly Augur

Lets DPG budget exactly when they get their server resources back. Also gives both servers a better chance at a healthy population post-PoP.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

Do we not have enough stupid idea threads already?
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Care to elaborate with something actually constructive? We need two servers at launch, why not have a plan around both bringing them online and also merging them?
  8. Neuro Elder

I would like to draw your attention to the previous TLPs last year, Rizlona and Aradune. Same ruleset, except one was Truebox (even more Truebox, limit of 2 characters) and the other was a boxing server.

Aradune was crushed for weeks with problems due to how popular it was. Rizlona was fine.

Truebox is the FAR more popular option. You want non-truebox? Rizlona is right there.
    Runes likes this.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

Maybe more people should consider the boxing friendly server then, even if they don't box? The server ended up being far less toxic and I think more people would have found it a better home had they given it the chance.
  10. Nolrog Augur

What an amazing idea. This is groundbreaking. Why has no one come up with that before?
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  11. theonepercent Augur

@Dreamweaver please delete this thread, good ideas aren't allowed here.
  12. Neuro Elder

People specifically wanted to get away from box armies, thus Aradune was far more popular, showing that a boxing server would be a waste. Aradune/Rizlona proved once and for all that the majority of players want Truebox.

And the reason the boxing server was less toxic was because everyone was boxing full groups or more, no one was talking in chat, everyone was anti-social.
    Niskin likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Good news then, this one can stay.
  14. Bardy McFly Augur

How long did you play there? Was plenty social and not all boxers when I was on.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

*In Classic.

The long term life of both servers remains to be seen, especially in a couple weeks.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  16. Runes Augur

It was less Toxic because less people played on it because Aradune crushed it by being the bigger attraction. Go play on Mangler now, its a paradise no toxicity whatsoever unless you unlucky enough to run up against the only other player there, but its really low Toxicity
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Lol Mangler has like 20 guilds clearing content, did you mean Coirnav by chance?
    Skuz and Bardy McFly like this.
  18. Lejaun Augur

Facts seldom come into play on EQ forums.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

There's a boxing quandry?
  20. Elite_raider Augur

If you hate boxers so much, why are you lobbying for having all the boxers on the same server as you will play on? It's amazing how dim the anti boxers are on these forums, are you guys antivaxers and subscribe to conspiracy theories to?

Launch popularity does not equal total income for a year of a server. If Aradune had more subs the first month, it doesn't matter for their bottom line if it is dwarfed by the income of Rizlona for the rest of the year. And another thing, you are wrong that the Truebox max 2 characters was what made Aradune popular. Just go back and look at the forum post, the reason why it was so popular was because of it being a remembrances server for Brad.

The only sad thing about that server, is that it attracted people like you and @Runes.....
    Bird and Bardy McFly like this.