A sincere thank you to the devs on TDS.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Superbilly, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Superbilly Journeyman

Howdy,

I just wanted to say thanks for the TDS expansion so please ignore all the haters on the forums. Unfortunately not many people post praise on the forums but that's because they are too busy enjoying the game to bother! Now I do understand however that some members of your team were pulled to other projects (EQNext) but for those who were still around to develop TDS thank you and hopefully we will continue to get content down the road. I sincerely hope more resources can be allocated to EQ in the future and that Smedley will follow through on his promise to make the expansion next year very large in scope.

Thanks again for keeping this game online for those of us who enjoy playing it!

Sincerely,
    Boogers 100 Troll SK - The Rathe
  2. Out_Riding Journeyman

and furthermore, let's get something straight. while we, the community, may come down hard on the devs and community relations personnel - that's only because they are the most immediately accessible.

the reality is, most of us "haters" (aka disgruntled paying customers) know full well that 'stuff' rolls down hill... that most of the craptastic decisions made around here ultimately come from corporate powers-that-be with only the bottom-line P&L in mind.
    Koryu, Lisandra and Mintalie like this.
  3. Thawg Elder

Boog you know that only negative comments are acceptable. Gosh
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I may not agree with every Dev decision, management decision, and I certainly desire more resources be directed towards EQ. I've posted more than my share of complaints.

That doesn't change the fact that the EQ team works very hard and EQ is still awesome.

Thank you everyone at SOE who works to make EQ great.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And most of us are not haters we just have issues with the TDS expansion and changes made to HAs. Complainers yes, haters no.
    Geroblue and Mintalie like this.
  6. Addikeys Elder

Ding! You have gotten better at water carrying! (100)

Seriously, there is a lot of hate/complaints/whatever pointed at the devs. Some of it misdirected, but most of it on point. Apparent lack of dev resources is not a viable excuse because SOE fees and price points have remained relatively stagnant for a long time despite dissipating content. Devs should be creative. Cookie cutter spells, items, task arcs, and quests have become tiresome. Throw in consistent class nerfing and you get an irate customer base. SOE should think. Heck, if they would have made this expansion $20.00 and/or provided price breaks for buying 2 or more expansions, then maybe the player base wouldn't be so POed about this micro expansion.

So I would like to say, I appreciate the devs working long hours and putting in time on TDS, but no thanks for the work product. Whether it's the devs or SOE or both, you need to figure out something fresh and different for EQ.
    Lisandra and Geroblue like this.
  7. Absor Developer

At the risk of being yelled at for posting here and not addressing other threads, thanks for the kind words! We appreciate it.

A
    drkoli, roguerunner, Janakin and 7 others like this.
  8. Obiziana Augur

I think that a lot of us really appreciate all that you and the dev/coding team do, I know that I do. I try not to be overly critical and I also try to be patient with changes that appear to be nerfs, etc. I love this game and want it to continue, hopefully, forever. I believe that the reason many are so critical is because they feel some sort of ownership over the game, after so many years, after so many hours poured into it, they feel that it's somehow theirs.

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this, maybe I'm a nerd-rage apologist or feel the need to rationalize what I read on these boards, but whatever the direction and whatever the reason I truly believe that EQ is and has always been something special. It's a strange concoction of the original Vision(tm), the work of uncounted developers, artists, coders, managers that have come and gone throughout the years and then on top of all of that the community that, though always changing, has remained loyal for what is approaching a generation.

We owe a great debt of gratitude to everyone that has worked on this game. Without you all we never would have had the experiences we've all shared. And in turn, those folks that have made this game for us owe us a great deal for sticking with it through thick and thin, coming back when we swore we were done, always finding our way home even when we thought it impossible.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this wonderful community.
  9. GhostToThePost Lorekeeper

When he said that, he meant TDS. Is TDS "very large in scope"?

He clearly said "next expansion" when he made those comments several months ago.

Good luck with anything Smedley says. He is a snake oil salesman.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Call me a hater if you want.

I've been paying for this game since January, 2000. That's almost 15 years at over $100 per year just in subscription costs alone. Add in 21 expansions at roughly $40 per. Then consider the 1000+ days I've devoted to this game. I've got a lot invested here.

Yes it's been cheap entertainment, but for me and the thousands of other players like me I think we deserve a professional level of respect and appreciation from Sony employees. The issues with this expansion have nearly everything to do with managing player expectations and communications. In my opinion Sony deserves a "D" for those aspects of their jobs.

I think Sony should pay for their employees to receive coaching on how to manage customer communications. And Sony employees should consider how often they shoot themselves in the foot before they blame their paying customers.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Abazzagorath Augur

Devs aren't customer service. The fact they bother to talk to us at all is a bonus. If you are going to be obnoxious to them, you get back what you deserve.

Considering how few people they have working on this game, I feel conflicted about complaining too much about the product, but I still won't spend more than I have to if I feel the content is lacking, which it currently is.

But I wish they would worry more about creating content rather than nerfing content.
    Brohg and Zentara like this.
  12. Viltaire Augur

Thank you Developers for your continued work on a great game these past fifteen years. Here is to Everquest having fifteen more years of cheap entertainment.
    drkoli likes this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thank you Absor for posting here.

Devs, artists, coders, accountants, designers, and even janitors help make EQ possible. Thank you for all your hard work. I realize these days some of these EQ groups are spread thin and we appreciate the time and effort you all put in.
    drkoli and Zentara like this.