A Simple task Level 90

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Joules_Bianchi, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Arthicrex - Kill 5 "A Cliknar Centurion"

2nd day of trying to get one of these mobs to spawn in ANY of the locations that isn't a wandering pack of 5 mobs that are LEASHED together with no success. The magelo on the mob shows 1 kill per spawnpoint out of the hundreds of kills in zone. A simple kil 5 mobs task shouldn't involve hours and hundreds of kills (or being able to pull them 5+ at a time)

Casting a root or Flusterbolting one mob out of the 5 wanderers is useless.. As the other mobs move on, the rooted one warps along with them.

Can we please have reasonable targets for these tasks?

They're meant to help people level up and catch up, but instead are becoming more and more out of reach to those who might actually benefit from them. To do many of these now you need to be overpowered for the task vs level appropriate to at least molo...

It seems like whomever chooses these mobs and zones really doesn't like people doing them.
  2. Vdidar Augur

Simple solution. Do something else.
    Aghinem likes this.
  3. Sakuraba Augur

Might reach out to guildies, sadly I had noticed the same thing on my ranger even with past Hotzones -- just a bit hard to solo them, especially if you're particularly undergeared.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Yup lol but hat was my point. Kinda figured HZ tasks should be approachable and reasonable to a moderately geared level correct Moloer or why bother having them? The whole idea of them was to get players together in a zone with a ZEM and also a daily task series to help casual players and people who played an hour or two a day keep up with, and therefor wanting to purchase, new expansions upon release.

Sure, yes, there are a ton of things to do. Most of them don't get changed regularly, much less get avertised in my email.

There have been several other recent threads on a similar bent posted by others, maybe not the same level and zone, but it's a consistent issue with the tasks.

More players max level means more sell through on releases of expansions and TLPs are bringing back more players to live servers than any draw to the game imo. Pretty much every actual new / returning player I meet on live servers saw TLP and came back to EQ.

Help em out some to get current ;-)
  5. Vdidar Augur

I thought it was common knowledge that the new hotzones were a flop. At least that's what I've gathered from the feedback on here.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  6. Millianna Augur

The HZ are the only realistic way to catch up. you can't ask a returning players to spend 6 month to year doing outdated content they hardly anyone plays. Most people want play with friends, but not necessarily want to be piggy' through the content.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Lesson here is as always, careful what one wishes to be "fixed" when it is not broken.
    Well now it's broken...
  8. Jarsi Lorekeeper

Working as intended!
  9. Dbrane Lorekeeper

The arthicrex daily i am seeing now is kill 5 bellikos or mature aphids. However, i had the same issue as you with the centurions. I could only find them in the roaming patrol leader packs, and in one or two other spots without the patrol leader. Here's the weird thing. As soon as the daily i got changed to killing the bellikos/aphids, i started seeing centurions all over the place. And, not just single ones...2 standing right next to each other, oftentimes.
  10. segap Augur

Do they share a spawn table? Have people been plucking out the quest ones and leaving up the non-quest ones? Do people expect to enter a zone and just have 5 easy to kill mobs to get the daily reward in 2 minutes and then leave? Really, Teek just needs to hand out the exp/aa for hailing him. Problem solved.
  11. Jarsi Lorekeeper

if memory serves me the nest had tons of them but none came single cause of prox aggro
    but being ancient or nearing it i could be wrong on the mob's exact names
  12. Jarsi Lorekeeper

to answer your question about plucking if plucked they still would repop with the roaming groups but taking on that many at the current zone level would be hard molo if impossible why i just deem some hotzone kill tasks as group mini missions or just go do other things for xping
  13. Kolani Augur

Just popping in, the centurions share a spawn with the skirmish and battle drones that are static/roaming in the canyons.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Aye, I know they share a spawnpoint with other ants.. BUT at a less than 10% chance per spawn, whereas the roaming squad led by a commander typically has 1-2 per spawn cycle.. The roamers are leashed. A 92 ranger casting fluster on any of them, the cast lands, but the mob that was rooted just <warped> along with the commander and aggroed the world. the roamers are leashed. A level correct and relatively okish geared moloer stands little chance of completing this in less than 3-4 hours. A bit rough for a HZ task.

We didn't "expect" them to be up when we got there, but didn't expect it to take as long as a raidnight to do a 5 mob kill quest for a HZ task.

My whole point in all of this is they should be tuned to the lowest level of the range and be there for them to level through the range.. 90 HZ should be approachable by a moloing 90. this task isn't, and the centurions are the rare spawn i the static spawnpoint cycle.

That's all.

Personally I think whomever is in charge of selecting the hotzones should actually get on that level toon in moderate gear and molo it before inflicting them on thousands of others lol.

I have a suggestion.. Hey DBG, why not do a poll?

Let the players vote for all the possible hotzones by level range and you put the top 6 vote getters in rotation on Franklin Teek and banish the rest from hot zone rotations?

;-)
    Rhodz likes this.
  15. Rhodz Augur

You mean actually play the game before fouling things up?
    madness
    Iila likes this.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Praise be, they changed it..

the funny part is..

I have had 3 level 70 somethings camped out in a corner of Arthicrex near the Fungal Forest zoneline to place campfires daily without having to mess with see invis stuff and do this in a place with an exit nearby
    and pull all the mobs except the Cliknar Patroller with 4-5 adds and the Farmers in search of the wiley Cliknar Champions

I got the task last night and never got round to it today, just now finished it, then reupped Frankln Teek tasks and campfired back.. got a Champion to spawn and.. no audio trigger for the update, so I look at my count and.. /boggle Today the HZ task is Samhains back in Fear Itself.

and

the best part is, I'm still bound on the zonewall west in Fear itself from when it was a hotzone last time....

:cool:

This is huuuugely appreciated. I was <not> thrilled at 3 hour camps for a kill 5 mob task

Thank you.
    Thank you,
    Thank you.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh, I forgot to add..

If this is ever a target mob again, I found this helpful:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4964

NPC is just on right as you get to the grassy gnoll from the stony path from Underquarry zoneline. Kill 10 Cliknars.

Instead of living there for the 2-3 hours needed a day to complete the HZ task, this task has a 5 hour lockout.. I'd just campfire in 3x a day, do that quest and get the daily done too.