a shady goblin - change / fix

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sneex, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Sneex New Member

I have done my epic / done my VP key / shackle quest / a lot of time sinks and nothing has made me want to quit like a shady goblin...1 turn in for an 18-19 hour contested spawn is absolutely ridiculous...especially when its not even the final turn in!!!!! Change a shady goblin to be up for 1 min before despawn with unlimited turn ins! It would create a sense team effort and willingness to share information for what is normally an AWFUL experience...people would want to help others nail down the timer so they can share and get as many done as they can at a time...the 1 min depop would make the quest still very annoying cause of the long duration of the spawn itself but it would clean up so much frustration and negativity!
    Drusi likes this.
  2. Sneex New Member

I have done my epic / done my VP key / shackle quest / a lot of time sinks and nothing has made me want to quit like a shady goblin...1 turn in for an 18-19 hour contested spawn is absolutely ridiculous...especially when its not even the final turn in!!!!! Change a shady goblin to be up for 1 min before despawn with unlimited turn ins! It would create a sense team effort and willingness to share information for what is normally an AWFUL experience...people would want to help others nail down the timer so they can share and get as many done as they can at a time...the 1 min depop would make the quest still very annoying cause of the long duration of the spawn itself but it would clean up so much frustration and negativity!

snailish likes this.
  3. Stevensmalls New Member

I agree...all HIGHLY contested EXTREMELY long spawns like this...should have at least 1 - 5 min turn in window instead of a 1 turn in despawn...like u said it would create a sense of companionship for the spawn instead of resentment...everyone would be willing to spread info to help guilds and other players to get things done...but it would still be hard to knock out because of the huge window..no reason to allow hundreds of hours down the train for 1 small part of a quest...changing it to a tiny window of being up would be PERFECT!
    snailish likes this.
  4. Mwapo Augur

This might be the first time I've seen someone have a relatively good solution to the problem. Doesn't really fix angry goblin though... Which is really an even bigger problem.
    snailish likes this.
  5. Stevensmalls New Member

yea but at least this get u to the final part...i mean jesus christ 18 hours contested to not even be done...yea i mean if ur at least on ur final part maybe ur guild would spawn a pick for u...having to spawn multiple picks per person to get this stuff done is more than excessive!
  6. snailish Augur

"Change despawning turn in NPC to have a window of being up before despawning."

This is a great proposal actually, an "elegant surgical fix" that keeps (if not improves) the original spirit of the quest. I love the cooperative aspect you suggest.

In a world with 20+ minute loot rots make the window 10 or 15 minutes I think. (to allow for travel and to not have the lag issue we saw with translocators to Kunark the first few minutes)
    Drusi likes this.
  7. Sneex New Member

Yes this quest is ridiculous. I'm sorry I am all for a challenge but definitely not about wasting my time. Stupid stuff like this creates a bottle neck, prohibits people from playing the game, and gives no reward to your effort all on top of making me hate every player around me to no fault of their own. This type of stuff in the game has to change. Its 2017! if people can be gender neutral then I shouldn't have to spend 18 hours NOT having fun in the game just to come up empty handed and waste more hours of my life. I hope you hear me daybreak!!! I am one of those customers who do not mind spending money on crap on the daybreak store! I am getting frustrated!
    Rhodz likes this.
  8. Trident Elder

Not to mention, the only way you're winning the click war at this point is with an auto-clicker. The mob despawns less than a second after rendering.
  9. Finchy Augur

have guild pop another pick.
  10. Stevensmalls New Member

U clearly didn't even read the posts with that comment...
  11. Trident Elder

Yeah, just manage to get 59 other guildies to login, which is a task with in itself mid kunark because everyone is bored with this expansion as is. Convince those 59 lucky people to go to a useless zone in the middle of no where, and hope your pc loads the zone quicker than anyone that happens to be monitoring the zone for guilds doing this.

Such an asinine "fix" for this quest.
  12. Gremin Augur

We would kill Talendor then Gore then whole guild would zone over after the one doing the quest was ready to /pick over once the new pick hit with his group to finish the quest.
    Finchy likes this.
  13. Finchy Augur

it's all about those workarounds when a fix isn't available!! :D recruit more members to said guild, if there is a will there is a way
  14. Trident Elder

So you just gotta be one the lucky 10-11 people your guild will do this for. Considering it takes 60 people to spawn the pick you'd need a guild size of around 100 to reliably do this weekly.This method doesn't ensure you actually get it either. SeemsGood.

I've already finished the whole cords quest, so I've seen how ridiculous these turn ins are. When more people finish keying for VP and all that's left for progression during kunark is this quest I look forward to the show these turn ins will create.
  15. Stevensmalls New Member

Yea if spawning ur own pick meant u ur guild automatically gets it...this would be a diff story...but ive seen 2 picks go up for this quest...neither guild won the race for the turn in...
  16. Febb Augur

I feel for ya guys. There is no way I would waste time going up against that many people for the same item. I didn't start my VP key until mid Velious on phinny for this very reason. I just wanted to finish the key regardless if the zone was obsolete.
  17. Taboo503 New Member

Just do the quest when things calm down. This quest was a Velious quest on live...
  18. -wycca Augur

Shrug, every evening after raids our guild would spawn a WW and FM pick. If you're frisky you can do it in between targets. If you can't figure out how to get there first, then I don't know what to tell you.

Simple solution and it worked fine for an entire server. Otherwise, welcome to classic EQ?
  19. DarkerArts Lorekeeper

If you don't know how to get there first then I don't know what to tell you? That's just ridiculous and misses the point - and I highly doubt your claim of dragging a 60 person raid force to two zones each night, as WW is quite remote for that type of mobilization when there is only one raid target close.

The point of these progression servers is to experience the content as it was released and bottlenecks of this magnitude prevent people from doing that. People subsequently burn out from sitting at the same menial quest point for days with absolutely nothing to show but negative side effects.

Furthermore, even if they removed the despawn on hand in entirely, this quest still has the originally intended bottlenecks of the faction, dragon sinew, and urn to make the quest challenging. And you don't hear anyone complaining about quest stages that actually require playing the game, do you?

The solution proposed is nice, but wouldn't it be easier for the devs to simply change the spawn time? As is, this mob spawns every 15 game days, and the angry goblin is once per game month, just a tad extreme in my opinion.
  20. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Meet at Talendor AoC. Evac to WW zone line. Person doing turn in goes to spot. Everybody zones into WW zone. pick over. turn in. done. Continue with raiding

Kill VS. Walk 45 seconds to FM zone line. Person doing turn in goes to spot. Everybody zones into FM zone. pick over. turn in. kill warlord. done. continue with raiding.

It's really that simple.