"a servant of shadow" sees through double invis, SoS 1

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Veltio, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Veltio Journeyman

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Sun Dec 31 09:53:50 2023

Character: Level 123 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Shadow Valley

Target NPC: a servant of shadow
    Target Location: -180.00, 897.00, 64.05, 278.00

Description: Mob in Shadow Valley sees through double invis and SoS 1. I am unsure about SOS 2. Is this intended? Mob is not flagged as a rare creature.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Gialana Augur

Are these the mobs near the entrance to Basilica? If so, they've always had the chance to see through double invis (never tested SoS 1). But if one sees through invis, you can kill it, and it will have the chance to respawn as a version that doesn't see through invis. Likewise, if you kill those mobs, they can respawn as version that do see through invis.
  3. Veltio Journeyman

Yes, this is one of the mobs near the entrance to the basilica. But is this behavior of seeing through invisibility in the manner that they do intended behavior, or is this something related to the body type change I hear about with regards to terror of luclin?
  4. Gialana Augur

I'm fairly certain these mobs have had a chance to respawn as versions that see through invis since the expansion launched, which was at least a month before the body type change. It's annoying, but at least you can kill them until they spawn as versions (same body type and name, though) that don't see through invis.
  5. Shea Lorekeeper

They do not see through current SoS.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

They have bad enough pathing on that ramp that you can just scoot past and zone in.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

This is not a bug, and is intended.