A rangers tale.. well done

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hakmer, May 2, 2014.

1. hakmer Augur

To the people who made the dragon in this mission.. well done! love the look of it. and the story line is pretty neat too. Alas i shall not talk about the idiot who tried to stab a dragon with a short sword and no armor.
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I really enjoyed this quest also. Choose your own adventure, with paladins and druids.
  3. Edrick Augur

Yeah, I loved how it played out. Multiple ways to solve each little quest, and it felt like an actual tale.

Being a jerk is by far the quickest way to finish the mission though. It doesn't have a very good morale to the story.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought it summed up rangers and pallys pretty well.

The dragon fight makes sense after the changes from test, fun quest and one I don't mind repeating.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Agreed, best of these tasks and lots of amusing ranger down gags.

The one critique is holy lord if you opt to say yes to the pop ups, that's an ungodly amount of yellow text. Glad there's a choice and know now for next time at least!
  6. Kolani Augur

Not exactly. The jerk path actually requires a lot more kills and hoping drops are there on the collecting components series. Can preloot gnoll flesh while you do lions since they're in the same area, six bugs off one tree hail and them kill the corrupt Qeynos guards cause you were going to do it anyway.
  7. Riou EQResource

Kill the 6 beetles for treant bark (this is the only non evil part of that section) -> kill balthazar for key for 6 aviak plumes -> kill miyrna chick for 6 spider silks :p and then you are done, it is the fastest way to do the task!

The other fastest choices -> Kill the 2 bandit names instead of druids, open the barrels for the 2nd half of bow instead of deal with leon or the lions
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Kolani Augur

I managed to split the bandit guard and just kill the bandit boss, actually.
    Elricvonclief and Riou like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What do you need to do to not get the bonus in this task? No matter what I do I get the clicky.
  10. Edrick Augur

I found it out because I wanted to see what would happen. It seems a lot of people aren't reading the dialog.

During the final encounter with the dragon, if you tell Fen to Fire, he will shoot an arrow that disables the dragon's breath attack for a time. If you do this, you get an emote after it dies saying that the arrow did something with the dragon's essence, and you do not get the bonus loot.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I said fire to him, and he said he couldn't do it and still got the bonus loot.

12. Denial_Sinfae Augur

He says that until you're at the end of the tunnel where the dragon starts to actually stand its ground.