A Ranger Damage Macro (Social)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Ratbo Peep, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

/pause 5,/alt activate 337
    /pause 5,/disc focused storm of blades
    /pause 5,/alt activate 15073
    /timer 160,/disc jolting heel kicks

Some notes:
    Line 1 is Ferocious Kick AA
    Line 2 speaks for itself (FSoB)
    Line 3 is Banestrike AA (will cast or not depending on timer and race)
    Line 4 is to be edited situationally (jolting OR enraging)
    Line 5 is blank - for now.

This macro can pretty much fire off during a spellbar greyout.
    The timer presumes that jolting and enraging heelkicks are hastened via AA.
    Open to suggestions for line 5 - preferably more instant damage. :)
    Remember a quirk in macros is that the pause on a line happens after the command - though it's typed before the command.

PS: Melee distance required for the FSoB and the Heel Kicks portion.
    However Ferocious Kick (being a "spell") and Banestrike (if its ready) will fire off at Range distance.

-Rat
  2. Tadenea Augur

for me pause been known to cause some other issues, so I leave out the pause, if 1 skill cant be used it will use the next skill basically hit the hotbutton more often
    Utdaan likes this.
  3. Gladare Augur

I don't see why you would set the timer for 16 seconds when focused storm of blades has a 12 sec reuse and does more damage than our disc kicks. As Tad said, take off the pauses. Add basic kick and hit the button frequently. I had a post somewhere in this forum with my hotkey.
  4. fransisco Augur

dont use pauses, simply press it when your spell bar is greyed out.
    You don't get the timer problems of not being able to do other stuff.
  5. Reidyl New Member

I prefer to put all of those activated abilities on a hot bar and then tag them to my multi-bind key. Might just be personal, but multi-bind has seemed more effective than macros for spells/abilities I am spamming.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

Thanks for the tips... will try a rebuild and report back.
    What's the deal with issues with "pause" command in general?
    Is it known to "flake out" or something?
    -Rat
  7. Ayochak New Member

My melee hotckey is similar, without any /pause, and with a /doability for Kick.
    Banestrike is a good idea but doesn't work on raid mobs.
    My nuke hotckey are simple lines of /cast X, without pauses either.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yes, so it moves on to the next one. :)
    -R
  9. shiftie Augur

A macro once started with pauses must complete before you can do anything else like cast spells. For spells if it fizzles or you move you lose dps unless you stop the macro.

Combat abilities are almost all instant. So it is easier to just click the button a few times to make them all fire.

If something has a cast time put it last or first so you can move
  10. Ragnard Elder

Try multibinding these, I find it to be more effective.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

Revised Macro based on above input.
    This thing fires all in about 1.3 seconds.
    (PS what / how is "multi-bind"?)

/doability 9 (kick)
    /alt activate 337 (ferocious kick)
    /pause 3,/disc enraging heel kicks (or edit for jolting)
    /alt activate 15073 (banestrike)
    /timer 160,/disc focused storm or blades

Notes:
    The pause after enraging heel kicks is required as far as I can see.
    If the pause is eliminated (or reduced under 3) - banestrike and/or FSoB will not fire off.
    IMHO the combined damage of ferocious kick and the heel kicks is equal to FSoB. This particularly if Ferocious Kick crits or twincasts. I saw one very lucky round where it twincast and critted on both. The net was 37,517 x 2 = 75,034 for a single "fire" of Ferocious Kick. To me that worth an extra 3-4 second wait to make sure it goes off each (and every) round.
    As for the timer? It's optional. It holds nothing else up - and if nothing else tells you that you're late hitting the button. No one stops you from hitting it "early".
    -Rat
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

Line 5: /timer 160,/disc focused storm or blades
    Should read: /timer 160,/disc focused storm of blades

Actually this macro fires in about a second-ish. :)
    The /pause 3 on line three, may even need to go to a /pause 4. This because; if any lag at all - the cast on the heel kicks slows a hair.
    I hot-buttoned all 5 of those individually, and put them on an empty hot-bar, this so I could watch how they behaved when I punched the macro.

-Rat

13. Ultrazen Augur

Now all you have to do is go into your keybinds, and assign every one of those hotbar spaces with the same key, you know have a multi bind.

I use multi binds for all kinds of things, it's especially useful for saving screen space, as you can assign all these things and then hide the bar or put it somewhere out of the way. It's also very handy for training multiple annoying skills that require a keypress and have a reuse timer...things like forage, tracking, etc. I always bind all of those type things to my run forward key, so every time I move I have a chance at a skillup.

I think that trick started with sense heading back in the old days. It's highly useful. Anything that fires instantly can be bound to the same key and they will all fire when ready.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK.
    But how would one deal with the 2 disciplines that have an actual cast time? They are not "instant".
    -Rat
  15. Potawatomi Augur

The first in line will cast, then when you press it again, the next in line will cast.
  16. Filter Augur

Ever heard of a "mash" key? this is what they're talking about. You mash one button through out a fight so you don't have to visually track your mouse to the next key. I don't use them much but they're good for bots or disciplines that you use the same sequence.
  17. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

[IMG]

This is the kind of thing they are talking about. All abilities and the dps spells are bound to 1 button that you spam while fighting. You just kick back and spam 1 button while dpsing.

For my set up - Hotbutton 2(bar 1) is normal kick and Hotbutton 4(bar 1) is focused storm of blades. Combat ability 6 is changed between jkick and ekick as needed. Hotbutton 11(bar 3) is the social you see opened and is changed between the social and ferocious kick as needed for doing a volatile + glacial arrow chain.
  18. Kindaaniel Journeyman

What is the purpose of /timer 160 and hows that work?
  19. Lighteningrod Augur

If you move banestrike up one line between the two /discs you can prolly remove the /pause. Interlacing /discs with a /doability, /alt act or clickies seems to work better than back to back stacking.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

The timer (like pauses) happens after the command that it precedes.
    The timer function itself presents a cooldown shading on the Macro button.
    When it "pops back up" all the abilities (except banestrike) will be refreshed.
    Timer 160 is 16 seconds - as Gladare pointed out some of the items are ready in 12 seconds.
    -Rat
    Kindaaniel likes this.