A guide for paladin swarming.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Ravengloome, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravengloome Augur

What video?
  2. josh Augur

I'm not sure but i think this is what some would refer to as a "joke". It could be "joke" or "yoke", might be a soft "j". I'm not sure but apparently you just laugh for an extended period of time.
  3. Linden Augur

Fixing audio issue now. will post when its in productive format.
  4. Linden Augur

Im sorry, you were saying what Josh?
  5. Ravengloome Augur

You dont honestly play with that UI do you? Sorry i realize its not productive but there wasn't any audio and the video itself was hard to watch because your hotbars take up 3/4 of the screen!
  6. Linden Augur

yeah but I play on a 46 flat screen. And as you can see Raven, I don't have any problems with it. Sorry you do..Yeah the audio is an issue, ill fix it.
    yes I play with that screen, and no I dont multi-bind.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Well sir ill just sit over here with my ghetto 24" flat screen and wonder how you live like that then!

Have you tried Into the Temple B yet? I found with the nerf on ROF its the better spot to get Glyph AA's and PL People. But Chapterhouse is pretty good for 92 to 96 and PLing AFK people.
  8. josh Augur

Lol i know how to swarm as a paladin i just legitimately thought you were making a joke, referring to that comment you made a couple days ago about how paladins in this forum never talk about how to do all the cool things we can do. your joke being, you made a guide on how to swarm but then when you click the link there's no video.
    Linden likes this.
  9. Linden Augur

yeah its good exp, but the problem is, Chapterhouse drops Oath of marr, and Swarming DH missions will resupply my AA much quicker. Sir! btw Raven, I am still waiting for that parse you promised a year ago, not gonna see it huh? Don't be such a hater. I live like that because I work. Modestly, if I might add.
    Also, For power leveling, I think the best spot is probably Valley of Lunanyn, where you can pull 160 mobs. Chapterhouse is for farming, power leveling 100 and up, DH missions still the best when you can break it up in basically 2 pulls.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

not hating i got a ghetto monitor

What parse?
  11. Linden Augur

Well at least you have a monitor! I Don't, I use the flat screen in my bedroom which drives my wife crazy. I think way back it was a captain kanteer parse, but its a pain in the to go back through archives, I know.
  12. Linden Augur

On the topic of swarming. I was going to post a video but its become a major pita. So ill write some on the topic instead. This is a good topic because not much has been posted about this, at least not recently. Now I am sure this will serve to give other classes more reason to hate on paladins but thats not my intention. Swarming is so much fun I would love to see more paladins doing it, and not just to show boat, but to power level nd farm efficiently and fast. I have see so many paladins give up or quit before they actually figured out how to play their class. The reasons usually the same, because they got bored, etc. So I dont know for sure what minimum level/AA would be needed, and I would also imagine that even a group geared player that took the time to understand the dynamics and fundamentals of the class could do it to, maybe on a smaller scale or lower level zone, but it can be done.
    So to do this I need to be able to slaughter the ETW in approx 3:30 seconds. So here is how I do it and I do not know if this is the right or wrong way, but I know it works, and works well. So start small in the valley of Lunanyn, go grab 20-30 farmers and pull to any spot you want.

- Engage with deflection I begin to melee
    - one or two seconds before deflection fades, I active Shield Flash, next
    - before shield flash fades, (1) Holyguardian is up & (2) Armor of the Inquisitor, I usually activate epic too because once shield flash fades, the cast time on epic makes it pretty much impossible to use later because of hits.

For the next 2 minutes I will grind away until I get a Blessing proc. At that point, holy guardian is removed and these go up:

1. Inquisitors Judgment, (2) righteous umb, (3) Second spire of holiness, (4) Pure forge Disc, (5) Valorous Rage, (6) Glyph of destruction or Cataclysm (glyph not necc, but helpful).
    From the time Holy Guardian goes up, I am procing enough heals to counter my dmg intake, unless something changes, like mobs positioning, getting behind me, etc, ill be able to keep heals up and ripostle all incoming dmg. whether its 50 or 160. Spells will be useless so I am working in Clickies and AA's only, and one spell, Dichotomic Stun because its instant cast time, it is useful for this purpose. Forceful Rej to reset and load it back up. I will be using 'bash' sparingly for those big spikes downward to help stabilize damage intake, when bash is used and in cooldown, I will fall back on "Hand of Piety, LoH, reflective righteousnes, Marr's Gift and Dich stun to heal self on big spikes. Other then that, I am working against time, the majority of my pull needs to die before healing boon fades, when I do it right, it works well.
    There are a few other things to note too..I have titas belt and Usasium in hotbar for quick swap, I think it works best to use tita's for the first minute, most mobs will be crippled by then, so I swap out to Usasium for Tendon Slice procs and its a good idea to do this before you remove Holy Guardian. Other then that, I like to remain on mount to prevent pushing and keep mobs mostly settled down. Undead zones are especially fun and easier then live mobs for the obvious dps benefit, so thats pretty much it. anyone else have anything to add, that would be great.

So these are the AA's needed:
    Valolous Rage, Blessing of the faithful, Inquisitors Judgment, Second Spire of holiness, Hand of Piety, Lay of Hand, Marr's Gift, Shield Flash. Armor of the Inquisitor, and Group Armor of the Inquisitor.
    Disciplines: Pureforge/Holyforge, Deflection, Righteous Umb. I might be missing something, but that's it in a nut shell. In practice it looks like this:

13. Ravengloome Augur

I always click off HG disc after the short term buff lands. With shield prof it makes very little difference. In fact because you are racing epic/1st spire ticking off it helps.

Use COA chest/COTF chest/TSS group chest (on different timer than raid) to bridge gaps

Load the emergency heals (x3 or 4 depending on taste save bursts for after those are expended) pewpew with disruptive/glorious

Leap to give distance and click 2.0 b4 impact. 1st spire if health drops below 50% save Aoti/group Aoti for the pulls without HG

If you have brass balls bando the 2hander in

Use HOT potions on the pull or burst.

Click off Levi or mobs force themselves into your rear arc
    Linden likes this.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

O and make a hotkey to tell general "wts oath of marr and AFK PLing"
    Linden likes this.
  15. shiftie Augur

Find your corner and then hit da it allows for he mobs to funnel in and not waste time deflected while they bunch up. The hot from da will put you close to full health and you can let it run near the full duration when it is about to fade hit deflect because you can activate discs while da is active.
    Iila, Linden and Ravengloome like this.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

You coulda just reposted that How to Not suck at swarming from Samanna you made like 10 years ago
    Iila likes this.
  17. Linden Augur

Yup..Good point, I do use that as well depending on the circumstances. In dungeons, like chapter house its a huge benefit to control the eventual break away mobs that will path through different halls and come smack into you from different directions. DA is great to activate and stop, let them all bunch up, then resume pulling, too often when I don't, I get mobs hitting me from all directions, that is key for dungeons, DA is a great one. Another tactic I will use when pulling in CH is using my DA hammer. tagging mobs along the way with it, once it procs, i stop and let the mobs bunch up, then resume.
  18. Linden Augur

I think the biggest issue for me right now is lag. for some reason in CH if I pull more then 60, the lag becomes a major issue, because activating deflection when the first couple mobs approach, seems to waste it. Most of the time mobs will be on me, but lag keeps them from hitting me until after the deflection fades, Hard to compensate with timing when it comes to lag. By contrast, other zones, easily handle 60-100. Lag is problematic after about 160 in Valley. So cant do much more then that, lag is the bane. Oh and then the people complaining about the zone lagging too..best to not do it when players are there
  19. shiftie Augur

I made sottovoce mad at me and he threw a temper tantrum and deleted my video lulz
    Linden and Ravengloome like this.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

I was gunna link it in this thread but i couldnt find it, that explains it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.