A Gloomy Christmas Carol

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Leerah Augur

I recently got bad news about my life expectancy. (Not to worry. I am regenning heart function.) Already, several Everquest friends have passed before me.

But, I'll soon be 66 and have five RL sons and many more virtual ones. Yet, I was thinking about who would want my Everquest accounts. The answer is, "no one." I have accounts that people "willed" to me when they left the game. I'd gladly give them back if they asked. I didn't even have to ask my guildies. Nobody wants more "mouths to feed." I control at least 16 accounts. People will only remember me as Leerah, Clearlee, Tunary or Motherlee.

I'll probably will an account to each son in case they are feeling nostalgic someday. Or hopefully, log me on for a memorial service.

There are some families that might want a loved-one's main account. I served a forum ban of several years for yelling at people who banned a man's dead son's account. Playing it made him feel close to his son, as if he were still alive.

(Next line is calculated to make you laugh about this dire subject.)
    I've concluded that EQ characters should be like the pharoah's slaves. (Although maybe that's a myth?) At the owner's death, we should sacrifice them and bury them with their owner!
  2. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Well, you're not dead yet. Get out there and have some fun. We are all right behind you!
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Leerah Augur

I have 40 years of videos and photos to organize. EQ has been too hard for me for years.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite so. Life is a sentence that always leads to death.
  5. Leerah Augur

At some point, you have to ask, "Will it matter that I lived?"

That question drops some people into a pit of hedonism.