A FV server would be the most toxic server ever. The people who want it are krono farmers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Jontrann Augur

Not a krono farmer, yet i want an FV tlp server. Wow op i just made your entire post obsolete.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

This keeps coming up, and the main concern I see is that people are afraid that people will farm Kronos. I have done a few TLP launches now, and also play on FV. Camp monopolization is indeed a problem on TLP's, and it is most obvious during classic and Kunark. That is because there are so few decent items to camp, and so few good XP zones, that those few tradeable items are exceptionally valuable. Think GEB, FBSS, Djarns ring, Fungi tunic, crypt in Sebilis.

Now add in more tradeable loot to the mix. There are now more decent items that can be traded or sold. The farmers (not all "farmers" sell kronos on RMT sites, some just use plat to improve their characters) will be spread out across more zones and camps. More quality items will be farmed, dropping the price on average. The addition of AoC's and pick zones will accentuate this. Now, you might say, this will just attract more farmers in all those new zones that now have more tradeable loot. I say that's a win-win. That means the server is financially successful, helping the longevity of the game and bringing in many items into the economy, lowering the price of gear of a fixed quality. It would be great if they also lowered the pick threshold, so people can experience the content if they want to and have the force to do so (minimum size of 6? to not increase the server load too much).

If your camp is taken, go farm literally anything else that can be converted into platinum, and buy what you want. In my opinion, this enhances the creativity and sandbox nature of the game.

Epic bottlenecks are camped on TLP's right now, and I don't really see this changing regardless of the loot ruleset. The vast majority of epic items that are no-trade on other servers are no-trade on FV. The other concern I saw was managing raid guilds. I agree if you are paranoid about loot trickling out of the guild, certain personalities may stress over that or cause drama. However the truth is, with AoC's, there is so much loot flowing in, that the risk of getting booted from a guild won't really be worth it, when you could just wait 2-3 months for the next expansions to come, and sell off all our old raid gear to non-raiders (further dropping the price of all gear). FV raid guilds exist, I'm in one. While I'm sure there are some people who may quit and sell their gear, the equivalent happens on TLP with RMT account sales. Sure, you can also sell your previous-tier or expansion gear depending on the guild's ruleset.

If some people don't like that people can have fun buying/selling gear, passing it to alts or friends, or farming plat to buy raid items, that's fine and understandable. But why shut down this idea when we already have so many TLP's with similar rule sets? If people really want to do Phinny 3.0 again, I'd be fine with them making one along side a more interesting server such as FV loot rules with AoC's. Personally, I'm not ready to go through the whole classic grind again without something to spice it up a bit.
    Jontrann likes this.
  3. Dawdle Augur

Ok FV is the single most farmed server on Live. FV has a number of issues concerning wallet warriors, toxicity, and RMT/Krono farmers. FV is also probably the least creditable server as far as merit go's for achievements in game. My OP is it's success rests in the fact that not everybody has time for EQ anymore. Some people like the game and want to play it but they don't have the time required to app. other end game guilds on more creditable servers.

Secondly it's ok to ignore what Hooden posted and what I commented about it but if you want to say that camps won't become afk krono bot farms when they already do everywhere else I don't believe it. I am still going to have to agree with Hooden on this one, crank up spawn times 100%, crank up the xp rate 50%, double everything, and as I added before make named mobs random zone-wide spawns. This isn't like a eepen server for ego's to say look how good I am, this is a fun server for casuals to play at their own pace, for twinks, and for everyone that ever liked the game and quite because they just didn't have time. Guilds won't have to worry about people selling raid loot in era if we double the drop rates, in fact if you want to make any plat at all that's what you'll probably have to do. AoN will still have value just not the value we saw on Coirny, thing was selling for 18kr at one point lol.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

When everything's tradeable, everyone can sell their stuff, including raiders who aren't otherwise krono farmers, selling their old stuff. This lowers prices. How does lowered prices, plus everyone being able to get in on it, benefit krono farmers that much?

I think the underlined is the real problem people have with FV, even if not many people admit it. They are upset because they think it's a bunch of casuals running around buying raid loot. What they really are upset about is people not having to camp the items themselves. Of course, what you guys need to realize is that this same argument plays out on the instancing topic. Now, of course, we have raid instancing in TLP now, but back in the days before we did, when we were arguing in order to get Daybreak to implement instancing, one of reasons people people opposed instancing was because they think instancing is less creditable for "achievements", but the reality is that non-instanced content is just harder core guilds content blocking less hardcore guilds. But, some people actually believe that the game shouldn't just be players vs environment, that it should be players DPS racing and socking each other, that if you don't have to outzerg and outDPS other guilds, you haven't accomplished anything.

But the battle for instancing was won, and TLP didn't collapse. The key is that the first time around, FV became much better once EQ hit the heavily instanced eras like DoN and DoDH. Early FV TLP will be a little rougher because the early zones, while they have load balancing, do not have instanced group missions like DoDH and beyond do. But not that rough because at least raids are instanced.

And here's the ultimate key: FV isn't a bunch of people running around buying raid loot like candy. Maybe it is now, who knows, but I remember back during SoF/SoD eras on FV, you could only find Anguish loot for sale with any regularity. That was SIX expansions back. And it wasn't cheap. And the occasional Solteris piece cost millions of plat, and no, the average player wasn't able to buy it. Yes, for group gear you could very often find good stuff from the current and last expansion . And why shouldn't you be able to? It's group stuff, so the fact that people can do it themselves means the price is going to be low.
    snailish and Jontrann like this.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

I agree with the OP... farmers really want this, or boxers.

I'd love to see the opposite of a FV server where //everything// is no-drop. I do mean everything, down to food/drink and trash loot from NPC's. :p
    snailish and So Happy like this.
  6. FIsh Lips Augur

Actually I'm counting on multi-boxers. They will drive the # of pickzones up. With instances, some of the toxicity of RF/LJ will go away. regardless, I would think this server needs to start at LDON.

You can't drive the RMTers out of this game, DBG counts on them. This game has been about RMT since 1999. But I would like a server where the RMTers have to actually work for their money, rather than just sit around on cash camps doing nothing selling crappy group gear for krono. Force them into raid instances, to dig up actually good items.
  7. Risiko Augur

I truly hope that DBG does make a TLP FV server. It will suck all of the worst of the worst of the worst people from all the others servers to that new server.

The most toxic horrible disgusting people on your current server will move to that server, and you will be left with a clean server. It's the Black Flag Roach Spray of EverQuest.

Let it happen. Start the cleansing.
  8. Jontrann Augur

Coirnav in a nutshell, home to the worst of the worst eq players. Nothing can have a worse player base then Coirnav.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Disagree
    TLP FV I think would attract more "bad" players but not all. Played on FV for years. It had it's problems but It was still a fun experience
  10. So Happy Augur

Quiet now, I don't want to have to start paying again. ;)
  11. Stagentti Augur

Yet another person who has never played on FV.

You don't know what you're talking about. Not going to waste time with a long rebuttal.
    snailish likes this.
  12. Elskidor Augur

I only want this server because I'm a Krono farmer? Man, I suck at my job. I have zero Krono.

As a regular of Agnaar and FV, I think it would be an awesome mix. Oh, just make sure it comes with the FV XP bonus too = b. Pull another crap xp TLP and I'll skip it regardless.
    Jontrann likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

You do realize this would break the game... right? Good luck finding the cash to buy your first few spells, vendors don't buy no drop items.

I have played a few games that basically make everything no drop because they want to avoid RMT. The cure is worse than the disease.
    Jontrann likes this.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

Yup because no NPC's drop cash.. nope. none of em.

Oh wait they do.. plus if they actually did something like that, they could easily allow vendors to buy nodrop items and just have them vanish instead of being added to that NPC vendors list of items for resale. It wouldn't break the game any more then FV's everything (almost) being tradable did.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm always curious as to who the bad people are that move from TLP to TLP...

Sure the bot program users that camp easy spawns, but they do that on every TLP regardless of ruleset...

Maybe the 6 boxer + that abuses camps but who else?
    • The top tier raiders that sell their guild loot off after they win it ?
    • The guild leaders that sell their guild loot to the big vendor ?
  16. snailish Augur

Kind of need to decide what is the core of what one is upset about...

Free trade loot server --no one is forced to play on it, so why care?

Farmers selling stuff... going to happen. Has been a big part of all modern progression, especially in the early eras. If that is your problem, pick a solution that has a chance to work:
    -apply the Luclin and later model of raid drops are no drop
    -apply the LDoN ? and later model of req/rec levels to even more older gear [req level prevents overtwinking if one cares, rec level kills the value of many things if the rec level is over 40]
    -apply the DoD? and later attuneable tag to all tradeskill made gear and/or group level drops
    -increase the spawn of named and/or drop rate of items*
    -put named rares onto zonewide rare % as well*
    -put parallel loot in parallel zones of the era (aka why is so much Guk gear the stuff to have when at least 3 original era zones are supposed to be a good as or better. Put a flowing white silk sash in Kedge... etc.)*

*some of the methods = more loot. We already have more loot because of instancing and picks. More loot = easy gearing = trivializing content (a different issue, but an important one).

In some way, all of the above impact the ability to lucratively farm a specific location. If the drops are nodrop the farmer has to sell loot rights (more aggravating).
  17. Hateseeker Augur

Well, yea, you might think, you don't have to play on it, so why do they care, right? But some people might be upset that the next TLP might not be the same old no drop formula, some are philosophically upset at the idea that people might not have to work for their loot, even though that's not true. They complain about it anyway. Some might actually be upset that they won't be able to start over for the 10th+ time on a same old-same old TLP.

Also, working to save up 2 million plat to buy a raid BP is hardly not working for your loot, you just don't have to raid or DSP race for it. But as long as it's open trade and instanced, the idea that it'd be more toxic is just not right.
    snailish likes this.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

What exactly do you think making almost everything dropable does? It certainly doesn't decrease the number of drops. It means stuff almost never rots and replaced gear isn't deleted it's sold or given to friends. In effect it adds more gear then "double named and Double boss loots" would. Which is wh
  19. snailish Augur

I personally don't think a free trade Phinny by itself is the best $ maker on its own next spring. I may or may not play on such a server (I won't do a slow XP one).

I maintain they should just launch 2 servers next spring at the same time with "ideal" rulesets (we won't all agree on that) with the one difference being normal loot vs. free trade loot.

There has been a fair amount of forum feedback about better XP on progression and not doing a straight classic start (whether you start at Kunark or Velious it really widens out the 1-50 gameplay... it would be different and a way a server has never played together before). Neither of those suggestions seem like they would be a massive turn off to some people (like say PVP would be).
  20. Hateseeker Augur

I would never come back for a slow EXP server. I mean...when I'm 80 years old and TLP 300 is out and I want to go back to where I started for one last goodbye? Maybe, but otherwise, slow exp is only going to be fun in a NEW game...like Pantheon. To rehash EQ again needs to be fast.
    snailish likes this.