A few questions from a returning player!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ntodeep, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ntodeep New Member

First where did my toons go? I haven't played since PoP.
    More importantly!
    What servers are best for CST?
    We will be 4 to 6 of us, so we may be looking for 2 more for grouping starting new on up.
    We are thinking of SK tank, Enchanter buffs cc, Cleric heals, Necro DE for dps. Like to add a druid for backup heals and some more dps ranger, rogue, monk?

We won't be playing a lot Fri, Sat, or Sun for maybe a few hours one day a week.
  2. Demascuss Journeyman

Well if you're open to suggestions:

1) SK - great choice. Great group tank, awesome aggro, able to pull if need be.

2) Cleric - Can't best a clerics heals. Plus cleric buffs are nice.

3) Enchanter - CC isn't as popular as it once was. Might suggest a Shaman as a replacement. Good buffs, slows, and covers your back up heals if you're set on that. Or a Bard. Bard can CC, pull, and add quite a bit of aDPS.

4) Necro - With a good group composition, as you'll probably have, mobs won't live long enough to allow ample time for a Necro's dps to ramp up. If you're set on a caster, Mage would be a great pick. Especially since pets can now hold aggro over player toons, the pet could tank in the predicament that your tank goes down. There's also your friendly Wizard. DPS extraordinaire, ports, and evac.

5) Extra DPS - I think a Ranger would be a nice addition. They're pretty versatile and a well played Ranger can add a lot to a group :)
  3. ntodeep New Member

Thanks! I figured the chanter was a must.
  4. ntodeep New Member

Can a Druid merc port?
  5. Borek-VS Augur

There is no druid merc, so no.

Just scan through the servers to find your characters - assuming that you are logging on with the right station account; this appears to be a common problem with returnees.

I'd suggest skipping the ultra low population servers: Trakanon, Zek, Test, Vox, Fippy, Vulak. Consider FV (extra exp, most items are tradeable), and Phinigel (progression, but requires All Access status). Otherwise, the remaining normal servers all have their points (but AB is Euro based, no not ideal for you).