a fae swarm?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Agrippa, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Agrippa Augur

For six days, averaging six hour blocks, my wife and I have cleared the three roaming a fae uniters and a fae deleriums that will eventually travel near the first split north and stairs in Kael. I'm guessing these aren't really the placeholders or we are having terrible luck. Any help is appreciated.
  2. Fllint Elder

I have a few friends that have camped this for many many hours (its the last one that they need for hunter in Kael) as well and it has not spawned for them. I am almost positive that the spawn for a fae swarm is broken.
  3. Axxius Augur

EQ Resource has info on it so it's been seen spawning. But it may be very rare.
  4. Agrippa Augur

I'm guessing the info out on it was from beta, but it seemed reasonable that the place holders remained the same. We started hunter in Kael six days ago, a fae swarm being one of the first we started clearing. Now almost finished with the zone and have been continually clearing them since.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I can confirm that "a fey swarm" does indeed spawn on live. I killed it on the "ramp" up to Iceshard Manor.
  6. Agrippa Augur

Thanks, Syylke. We're clearing the right ones then. Just god-awful luck.
  7. Fllint Elder

I have a question for you. Did you find the a fey swarm up after a zone/server reset, or did you actually kill the phers and get it to pop? And if you were the one to kill the phers to spawn it, was it the 3 roaming a fae uniters and a fae deleriums in that area?
  8. Lobot Omy New Member

I spent about 20 hours killing the phs (the 2 that wander along the main thoroughway and the 1 that hangs out in the relind/jainar area plus occasionally killing the 2 in Iceshard Manor and the 1 by the arena) not to mention the wandering giants sometimes while working on the quests or camping other nameds in the zone to no avail. My guess is either it's a zone reset spawn (I hope I'm wrong about this theory), or the "ON" switch for it to spawn is broken like the bunnies used to be in EW or like the manticores are now in EW.

Also, when I was killing the phs, magelo had no loot points for it although there are now 2 which I will assume came about thanks to all the problems with Bertox this past weekend.
  9. Falos Augur

Odd i've killed it two times so far, the first time I camped it and it spawned after 3 cycles, the other time recently I killed some trash mobs and happened to make it spawn like 20ish min later without trying.
  10. Agrippa Augur

Got extremely lucky this morning and found her up after zoning in.
  11. Terakathis Journeyman

Just found this thread after posting yesterday on it. If the named spawn is not broken it must be extremely rare as others have stated. Easily over 100 cycles of the uniter, plus all the delerium scattered throughout the zone. For those who have actually spawned this named, please consider playing the lottery.

T.
  12. Axxius Augur

Yes, this one is extremely rare. Can only recommend to hunt for other named while trying to spawn this one. Respawn timer is 13m45s. But the location keeps moving while it's dead, so it can spawn anywhere between ZI and the manor. A tracker is good to have. Kill the uniter, kill the delerium that roams on the same path as well (EQResource claims they are both ph's, even though I have never seen it spawn not from the uniter). Go kill some other phs/names. Come back in 13 min and keep your fingers crossed. You will likely catch it before you finish the rest of the Hunter achievement.

I can see why it's so rare though: it's basically free spells/loot. If it was as common as the rest of the named it would get abused.
  13. Theka Elder

i spent 25-30 hours in large blocks of time b4 i got it to spawn.
  14. TheQxx Augur

We had a dude in our guild camp this for a few days, non-stop; it nearly drove him crazy[ier]. So it's known to be a son of a gun.
  15. Nenton Augur

If it really is a single placeholder then that is likely the problem as they don't code those spawn rates properly. Mooto was adjusted during HoT then they made Sarith in VoA, a zone full of single PH nameds, where I could clear every land PH in a round (16 nameds) and get zero nameds to spawn, multiple cycles in a row. That shouldn't be possible with the dev stated, intended average named spawnrates of once per 72 minutes PER named.

My guess is that they code single PH nameds with the standard 3 PH spawn rates and rarity ensues.
  16. CaptAmazing Augur

I play a lot. I understand RNG. But it is very evident that some named do not abide to the 72 min rule. Intended? If not intended, getting someone to take a look would probably be a rare spawn as well.
  17. Axxius Augur

There are many named with a single ph in Kael. But all of them except the Fey swarm seem to be about 1/10 chance of spawning, maybe even 1/5. It's not hard at all to get Yetarr, Kallis, Vindi, etc. to spawn. But the Fey swarm seems to be set much lower, 1/50 perhaps. Either it's a typo in the data, or it's intended because it's ridiculuously easy even for T1 RoF and they didn't want it to be abused for free spells/loot.
  18. krozman Augur

Bump. This and Osalur are the final named I need for Fearslayer achievement, and by far they are the worst. Fix them please :-(
  19. Xirtket Augur

I found this mob up near Kael zone in, it was the first fae going from zone in.
  20. UnnamedPlayer Elder

I think the problem is the spawn rate is usually determined by how many PHers are in the zone and If you're not killing all the PHers in the zone (e.g. only killing the few by the entrance), it usually takes forever.

Honestly, they should just up the spawn chance on the named and treat it as if the PHers were two separate camps.