a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Faelim, May 15, 2015.

1. Faelim Lorekeeper

Couple of questions while I'm on a 12hr shift at work for the TLP server. I would search but it's not loading, (wifi not good here). I'm thinking about starting all humans as because I love freeport and love NRO, that's probably one of my fav zones, do humans still have bad night vision or was that removed? Also all that noob armor quests are removed too correct?
  2. Torvius Journeyman

Yes i believe the night vision is still bad and yes the newbie armor will be gone until i believe the appropriate era
  3. Vaclav Augur

Night vision is definitely a step back from the better visions - but it's not practically blind at night like it was back in the day.

I'd test it yourself - it's really not bad at all. Of course that said, if you're going to do the FP area - there's really no reason you can't get a race with better vision there easily if it's a concern.
  4. Progress Augur

Think turning up your gamma still works.
  5. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I played in 99 upto 2001, came back in 2005 or so, and in 2006 I think the NRo and Freeport ''upgrade' happened - the entire story line of FP got killed - there were giant steaming piles of turd on the streets, knights and militia were on joint patrols etc.

Anyway, I played on the Combine progression servers for a while - the stupid rush there unlocked expansion very fast (I never understood those ''achievements'' when EVERYTHING was all on the internet, including strats etc - it is not as if it was some game-wide first ).

I am guessing - just like in Combine - the new named level 15 mobs like Montegue The Jackal
    in FP sewers will stay and drop very VERY OP gear ? I wish it didnt, but not sure.

Anyway the siren song of the classic EQ Trilogy is dragging me back in even after all these years :D See you all next week!

Edit: Played human monk in 99 - In Karanas, in-game night time I will stay in guard towers along with other humans and chat lol. With Gamma settting in 2001 or so the whole night vision became irrelevant - I kinda always missed it :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Vaclav Augur

FP Sewers got canned for 2.0. Most other out of era stuff has been caught by now - with the exception of RunnyEye Blackened Alloy which they refuse to acknowledge as out of era it seems. [Added right before Velious clearly = Classic to some idiot over there]
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

oh really? You mean in subsequent progression servers (Fippy etc?) they did away with those? Neat!
  8. Lokero Elder

Bleh, anyone using an LCD/LED monitor isn't even going to notice the lack of night vision in this day and age. I mean, their vision is still worse than the other races, but it's largely irrelevant now.

I remember my Human Ranger staggering around blindly and so lost in what, in reality, was such a tiny zone(Qeynos Hills). The world seemed so big as a newbie, haha.

I think the zone layouts and dungeons are still pretty impressive compared to even modern day games. The dungeons in EQ, particularly, were incredibly complex and immersive(secret tunnels, pits, etc.)

You aren't going to require a light source just to play the game nowadays.

Clearly getting off track...