A couple of mage questions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by JeffHanson, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JeffHanson Augur

I've started playing an old mage character again. Now that I've reached the mid-100 levels, I have a couple questions.

1) I found an old (2014) guide by Sancus that recommends memming only the Promised heal. Since mobs in RoS and TBL hit so hard, I'm wondering if that's still a good idea. Do high-level mages tend to use the Promised heal, or the "Renewal of ..." line, or both? (I do plan to use the rune spells/AA as well.)

2) When choosing type 5 augs, which heroic stat should I focus on? I was planning to go with Hint, but I'm wondering if Hsta is a better choice now due to the larger AEs in the latest expansions. I know the gains will be small either way, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks for any input.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

When I mem a pet heal, which is somewhat rare, I tend to mem the fast one.

I focus on hSta, then hInt
  3. Fohpo Augur

Yeah, why mem a heal if you can just box makes me and keep throwing pets at something
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. Fohpo Augur

Box mages and*
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Exactly, with 1-2 healer mercs and pet AA maxed (not anymore), and with RS pets taking a good number of hits, it becomes quite situational to mem pet heals.

However, due to the baby, I only play Forum Quest at the moment :). Hopefully I will get time again for the real deal in a not too distant future...
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

We're trying for the baby thing now... fml
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Best of luck!

Wife and I are a bit waco: she is 47, I am 49, and it is our combined 6th child.... :) . We have a range of 0 to 16 now :) . Quite a bit of work, but at least we always have something to do! :)
    Khazad likes this.
  8. Fohpo Augur

6th... bump that. I'm aiming for 1-2 but wife wants more since she's from a bigger family.
    IblisTheMage likes this.