a connection to the server could not be reached

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deathbe, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Deathbe New Member

Hi, I played EQ many years ago and a few friends from EQ2 and I thought it might be cool to poke our heads back in.
    So I downloaded the game and click play and then get that error:
    A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.

Well I am obviously online. Everything I googled says this happened in the past when the login servers were down.
    I was wondering if there is a quick fix? I play EQ2 daily on this computer, so I don't think that in itself if the issue.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  2. Runord New Member

Your not the only one I get the same message as you do.
  3. Vaszak New Member

Login servers seem to be down. Happened over the weekend as well.
  4. Deathbe New Member

Ohh thank you guys for the quick response.. I'll try a little later then. :D
  5. Pogue New Member

Same issue here
  6. Bard to the Bone New Member

Same here - still not working correctly.
  7. Dragoncommander New Member

Can anyone tell me why the servers are not accessible I'm trying to login but then a message pops up saying servers are still down. I even checked server status and no servers were locked. Are other people having the same issue or am I alone.
  8. strikemaster Journeyman

And with downtime tomorrow, the happy horsedung continues
  9. tloim New Member

same here, is there anyone bothering to fix the current game experience ?
  10. Deathbe New Member

Yeah looks like the trouble is with the login server and it seems to happen rather a lot? So if you are already in game, you are ok, but logging in now gets you that error. And Dragoncommander seeing you posted here and others did before you... umm
  11. Deathbe New Member

Looks like it's up now