8th Velious Shawl Dain spawn trigger

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brohg, May 20, 2014.

1. Brohg Augur

it's my understanding from the patch notes of Nov6 2013 ( here ) that:

Was this reversed in a more recent patch?

I "recklessly" followed the quest prompts since I thought the hidden gotcha, basically for not cheating and working ahead, had been removed so I could turn in when I was ready. Loremaster Solstrin is now not resetting the shawl for me; I'm stuck spending days staring at an empty chair in Icewell Keep, hoping that he's ... ever? ... naturally alive at a time I'm at my desk. This sucks :/
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

You can petition and have a GM come and swap the items for you, if turning it in to a non-existing NPC is what is needed.
  3. Taiqwon Augur

I just did this like 2 weeks ago. Are you sure that the Dain isn't back in his bedroom? He wanders between the two places. Go behind the throne and look back there. Sometimes he's back there standing on his bed like a kid who's jumping on a bed lol
  4. Brohg Augur

Yep, I'm sure he isn't there. /tar dain_ confirms, and Tracking.
  5. Wiji Elder

What does he say when you say 'wish to see the dain'? I thought there was a trigger like that. You gave the shawl to the Chamberlain right? He's the one that spawns Dain

I did this quest like an hour after those patches. I couldn't force dain to spawn either
  6. guado Augur

I did the 8th shawl quest dieting the Fabled period this year. I found 3 Dains, all fabled on Povar... I think the fabled stuff screwed up the Dain... Just trying to help pinpoint the issue.
  7. Brohg Augur

Handing the shawl (unapproved) to Chamberlain Krystorf summons the Dain. Handing the shawl (unapproved) to the Dain advances the quest and returns the shawl (approved, note the Item Lore). Handing the shawl (approved) to Loremaster Solstrin returns the armor combining box and ... here's the problem: he's currently returning the shawl (approved) instead of the shawl (unapproved). The patch message says he should be returning the version (to wit: unapproved) that can be used to summon the Dain, to whom the completed set of armor should be handed.