85 SK and AA "companion's suspension" rank 8

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Faethor, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Faethor New Member

I am a returning player from 10 years ago,on a All Access account, and upgraded this Char to 85 and trying to work on some more AA abilities. But I am finding now, that although I have met the requirements and lvl for Companion's suspension rank 8, it is greyed out for me to buy. Am I missing something? I DO NOT have last 3 expansions yet, waiting to see if I get hooked all over again =)

There are many AA abilities that are like this, is it because the later ranks were added in an expansion I don't have yet? Or my class has a limit for some of these AA? I tried searching the forums, but could not find any answers.
    Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I just came back after 2 years and this AA is broke for me, it does NOT work. When I try to use the companion suspension AA it won't suspend the pet. It says, " You cannot have more than 1 pet at a time. Your ability failed. Timer has been reset.." I do not have another pet suspended. That's the first thing I checked when I came back. I checked it multiple times just to be sure. It behaves like I have a suspended pet or that I'm moving when casting. Neither is true.

I bought the latest expansion, so I'm up to date. It says at the bottom of the description that you have to be level 67 to use it. I'm level 105 so I'm way higher than what's required.

Is this AA broke? Or is it not just useless? Such game unfriendly surprises await.
  3. fransisco Augur

Did you try it when you did not have any pet out?
    If so, you might be bugged. I would try relogging, and if that doesn't work, kill your character (all pets are lost on death).

The aa works just fine on my mage, so I know its functional.
  4. Faethor New Member

I can suspend my pet, then summon a 2nd one, I just want to be able to swap each other out for buffs, but need rank 8 to do that, maybe it is a class issue that Shadowknights can't have rank 8?

Still doesn't explain all the other AA that are greyed out, but I meet all requirements to purchase the next rank of. Really would like to understand this..
  5. fransisco Augur

With the new UI changes for AA, there is a "current rank" and a "next rank" tab. Are you accidentally looking at the requirements for the "current rank"?
    You also need to own EoK to be able to purchase that AA. Does your account have access to the last expac?
  6. Faethor New Member

I have 21 of 24 Expansions, so I don't think I have EoK, They window was to small to show me the expansion required, so had no idea. So that explains why its greyed out.. Guess tomorrow morning I bite the bullet and buy the expansions. Thanks for the help! It was driving me nuts!
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I tried with no pet when I first logged back on. I tried re-logging but I still get the same message. I guess getting my player killed is the next step.

When I camped 2 years ago, I had a pet suspended. I wonder if the system thinks I still have that pet? Even though I don't have access to it .
  8. fransisco Augur

If dying doesn't work, you'll probably need to petition about your character being bugged. Thats the only other thing I can think of.
  9. fransisco Augur

Oh one other thought, is your account gold?
    If you are not subscribed, accounts have a limit for how many AAs can be spent. You might be over that.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's your expansions. See this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/cant-purchase-aas.247523/

I (90 Necro) was also wanting
    Companion's Suspension 8/8 (L75 requirement) but tied to EoK
    Companion's Discipline 12/12 (L70 requirement) but tied to EoK
    also
    Cloak Of Shadows 2/2? (L85 requirement) but tied to TBM

It's been so long I can't be certain. But I feel like these ranks existed long before the expansion they are now tied to.

I'm not quite clear on why, and I don't want to buy the expansion now that there aren't any claims with it.
  11. fransisco Augur

No, all AAs tied to expansions came out in that expansion. The day my mage could FINALLY switch pets will be a day I never forget. That only happened in EoK. They just nicely made it available to lower level characters
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

My character died, now it works. All is well. (for now)