8/20 Faceless Insanity Breaks Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gandolfinidagreat, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grish Augur

They KSed and kill stealed? Fuckers!

Seriously though, you can't possibly state that as fact. You have no idea who has done more than whom.

I'm sure most people disregard your posts anyway but if you want to be seen as some kind of voice of reason, you should avoid absolutes absolutely.
  2. Lifetap Augur

Everyone blaming Faceless is wrong. Here's why:

The belligerent party declared his intention to continue no matter what.

This meant that no amount of arbitration amongst players would stop the offending party from continuing his actions against the rotation. GM intervention was necessary and it was needed ASAP so that further damage would not be done.
    Beyond that, any actions taken by DBG were on DBG.
    Arbitration could only take place after the fact.
  3. rekais910 Augur

I've given up on him as well. Really just some nonsense from him.
  4. rekais910 Augur

That is incorrect. Faceless' actions were in the wrong because of the lack of mediation. If mediation occurred and the 5 boxer involved is removed from MM then CS could be contacted for specifically HIM. Instead it was hit against MM without mediation and so Faceless broke that rule.
    Kattahn likes this.
  5. Hobbit Journeyman

Sounds like you just described Lotusfly!

How about you quit crying and let the GL's handle amongst themselves?

*Applaud*

Please lock this thread. I am sick of the back and forth postings by the drama queens trying to bash on one another's guilds
  6. Finchy Augur

There is a lot of back and forth going on over this entire situation. I don't think we should be stuck on pointing fingers and blaming each other for the mistakes that were made. I think the focus should be on what we can do to help prevent this type of situation happening again in the future. I can't speak on behalf of Faceless, but I can on Modest Man.

With all the events that took place, from a member being in Sky on another guilds rotation day, to premature petitions taking place and hundreds of players getting a temp. suspension, it's clear the entire situation could have been handled better. While we quickly tried to fix the situation yesterday, we were also in talk pretty much the entire evening about what we can do to help prevent this in the future. Modest Man is currently working on correcting certain items to help keep this from happening again. Hopefully by implementing the below, if another situation does arise Faceless(or any other guild) will be able to properly notify our Leadership so actions can be taken more efficiently.

1. It was suggested that our Leader was contacted while AFK, and that there was also notification in the Leaders channel with no response. -In regards to this Modest Man is adding a couple more Senior Officers to this channel for moderation in case another situation arises.

2. The member who was in Sky when he should not have been was a new member to the guild. Modest Man had basically an open door policy for friends and family during the transfer period with a strict close date. This date has expired and normal recruitment process has begun. The recruitment process has been finalized and is currently being enforced.

3. The member who was in Sky, also was using /anon to hide his location. This was over looked, and previously not been 100% enforced. As of last night policies have changed, and no longer are members allowed to use /anon with the Modest Man guild tag. If members wish to remain hidden from non-guildmates they are to use /role instead.

4. There were only a select couple Senior Officers and higher ranks that had a means of communication outside the game. This has been expanded to all Officer ranks to help field someone to handle a situation that is currently offline at the time a situation were to arise.

There are several other conversations actively going on for bettering our internal process if something else were to happen. As mentioned above, pointing fingers as to who to blame is not the way to handle the situation, and we at Modest Man recognize this, and immediately began working on processes and procedures to help prevent situations like this from happening in the future.

I would hope during this time that Faceless's Leadership is currently doing the same, to hopefully help this in the future with better communication with Modest Man, or any other guild.

Thank you for your time,
    Finchy
    Solkos likes this.
  7. Croak Augur

You are forgetting an earlier conversation in the primary rotation thread

Based upon Yargmouth and your own previous comments in the rotation thread anyone should be able to kill any trash whenever they want.

Unless I give someone from another guild some kind of special backrub, if I go up to Sky and kill trash mobs on an island you summon me to, I am going to get my account suspended.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

I still don't understand why DBG is enforcing a policy that stops "paying customers" from entering a whole zone? I would have thought a raid rotation would be for a limited number of raid mobs...not a whole zone.
  9. Dark_Intentions Augur

They should have just instanced the planes and avoided all this continuous drama that has been going on for literally weeks, and affected hundreds of players.
    Kegwell and Jaxarale01 like this.
  10. Wiluven Journeyman

I don't mean to be short but the point is simple - Guess what would happen if Sky wasn't on a rotation?
  11. Ambiguously Journeyman

It's very easy to grief in sky:

When someone kills a ph for Keeper of Souls, you can kill Nottap Ikem and prevent Keeper from spawning.

When a guild needs keys, you can kill key mobs.

You can trigger bosses to spawn by killing the wrong mob, such as Protector of Sky.

Bosses and even boss ph's despawn at a set amount of time, so you can cause guilds to lose large chunks of time (up to 8 hours in some cases).
    ------------

The policy prevents both mischief and stupidity, and I'm a bit more inclined to side with the 9-10 raiding guilds on this than the occasional random 6 boxer who wants to kill trash in sky.
  12. Qflex Journeyman

They're all gone now Yukan, even Mabb. We take care of the stuff, but can't be done in a snap of our fingers.
  13. Lokomotiva Elder

Whoever the AD guy was that posted: thank you. You said exactly what most of us feel about this whole Guild Gang Wars drama. It's worse than watching the cripple camp games on South Park.

I am a member of Modest Man. I have been on this server for roughly 3 weeks in my life. I did not come to Lockjaw to train, ks, charm, l33t hax, or do any shady garnage to anyone. I came here to log on, bs with guildies who play the same game I love, and generally have a good time.

I buff lowbies, I give out free gear when I have it, I am polite in camp checks and all the simple courtesy things. Not one person in this game can say I ever done them wrongly. Definitely not on purpose if so.

Guess what? I am the Majority of Modest Man, of Faceless, of Lockjaw, of Everquest. I do not deserve to have my accounts that I pay for, suspended because of some petty pixel drama going on between a few people. I have been griefed by a few players from a certain guild on this server, and I went about my business (just giving up my camp). But I do not harness any ill will towards that entire guild. I play to enjoy content and to chit chat while doing it.

My point to this gigantic post is that what happened last night was pretty pathetic. The boxer who went up there is either an idiot, planted, or simply did not know. I do not care what his reasoning was. Modest Man kicked him immediately and a member of ours went to sky to tell him he should leave. What more do you want? Why have an entire guild suspended over this? It was obviously deliberate in how it was handled.

Seriously, flame away or whatever it is you do. Break up my quotes and talk Court Talk, but all I am asking, is that BOTH sides just stop the bickering and this nonsense. Like AD guy said (sorry I forgot the name); we will be seeing each other for a long time on this server...let's just move on with the drama ended.
    Soon and Hobbit like this.
  14. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

First of, thanks for your post. Anyone that uses and abuses ** will be removed from the guild. There has been multiple people that I've already removed. General attitude is important, and certain said individuals that have been creating a ruckus lately have been dealt with, and are no longer associated with Modest Man. There have been many of you that have reached out to me on Gulfein, and to my email account (modestmaneq@gmail.com), and I can assure you nothing has fallen onto deaf ears, and my commitment is ongoing towards the longevity of the server.

With regards to my "vindication", when I feel wronged, especially if I feel that any of my guildmembers are wronged, especially on a malicious level like this one, I'm going to at the very least get my story out there. The fact of the matter is Faceless' original leader and founder has gone out of his way to specifically tarnish our reputation, along with mine personally, is unfortunate. He has encouraged his guild to do same (maybe not directly, I can't make that accusation -- but the member base will always follow their visionaries) We're not the initial aggressors here, and we have not been on the forums to go on PR blitzes. If someone wants to square something with me, I've made myself readily accessible to this server. If Faceless' leadership wants to engage in peace talks, they've got to settle their PR tirade.

My Reddit posts pretty much summarizes my stance on the matter.
  15. Tseroth Elder

http://www.ragefireforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=310&start=25 go down about halfway or cntrl f and search mabbu.

oh and

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3429363

I don't understand pls help.
  16. Shmef Augur

by your own words arbitration is deciding what course of action to take after the fact. arbitration is leaders of the guilds sitting down discussing what punishment to take on a guild for its member breaking the rules. a MM member broke the rules. an afk message from a guild leader does not signify arbitration has failed, it means no arbitration has taken place.

faceless has now violated the rules twice by running to GMs before pursuing means of arbitration. on both accounts the matter was settled fairly quickly once arbitration actually took place. if you demand other be punished for breaking the rules, you should abide by your own morals.
    Kegwell likes this.
  17. Kegwell Lurker since '99

But if they can't even begin to SHARE, how could they possibly follow morals?
  18. Finchy Augur

19. chris_the_mage Augur

will keep this short. letting you all know, it was I who sent the petition. quick chain of events :

- log in for AM sky clear, island 1 is down and command force is on island 2. i send them tells, no response. I asked the few members of leadership in other guilds that were online, nobody on knew who command force was. I fill out a quick petition explaining what happened, then FI ports up to sky early, they jumped off island 2 when we got there.
    -log in for PM sky, this person in MM is in sky. I have all MM officers on my friend list, none of them were online (except dima).

now, this is where you can say i "broke" that rule, however I will explain why i updated my petition. I have a large guild to protect, every member in my guild values there time and when they have made plans in there life to commit to being online at a certain time for our sky raid, I feel it is my responsibility to protect there time. It is very easy to grief mess with a sky run, even if you are just one person. Yes, that person was only on island 1 but it takes one click to be on the next island. This is when I tried to get in touch with dima and MM leadership, however none were available. I submitted the petition in hopes that a GM would respond, come to sky and tell those players to leave because it is not there rotation day. I am sorry they jumped the gun and banned your guild, but that fault is not mine.

As I said, i have an entire guild to protect and there time that they have already scheduled to assist the guild in raiding posky. I felt obligated to petition, seeing as my tells to the player were ignored. My petition was not to tell daybreak to punish the players, but to get them out of sky so my guilds scheduled sky raid was protected.

Good luck, and if you have questions feel free to message me ingame on Yawgmoth
  20. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

Looks like y'all are going to have a fun-filled weekend of bickering over pixels. Your mothers would be so proud!! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.