70 Ranger Returning, Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sorlox, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Sorlox New Member

Hey,

I just came back to the game and got my hands on my account. I am level 70, with 380 AA and 1 rank of Headshot. I am looking for a good spot where I can get exp, which doesnt have to be the best possible, while being able to regain some of my old skills. I don't think I have lost too much, I just want a place I can handle with relative ease, if such a place exists, while working on AA. I went out to the 70 HZ, Wall of Slaughter, and I did not fare too well, mostly do to impatience and lack of zone out options. If you folks could post some suggestions for some blue, light blue mobs that I could work on, that would be great. I am thinking maybe plane of nightmare, but I haven't really played in about nine years. Also, tank merc vs cleric merc, which would be better in my case.

Thanks.
  2. Obiwon Elder

70 is great level. soo many great exp and fun zones.

Wall of Slaughter is hot zone. play north end or caves ( can solo / kite the caves as the murks don't summon as the plains mobs do), mpg, rss (4 ac augs to farm there), Dragonscale hills, Buried Sea (lots of good quests and some loot), kata, Icefall (one of my favs), Direwind, Verigald (can be dangerous to solo in there), Vald if you can get a group (mobs summon, don't solo there), BOT, Fire !!!, POV good soloing, Stoneroot, Nest, Undershore (but this is a 65ish zone so need to do north end - its HZ so exp should be good), I can go on and on with the list.
  3. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Try bastion of thunder, that is a great zone in which you can do a lot in. Even though it is not a hot zone, it is good exp and you can get back into the swing of things. After you get up in level a little more, just try to hit up the hot zones. What server are u on?
  4. Sorlox New Member

Thanks guys. I found a spot in PoN killing hobgoblins that's pretty good at the moment. Trying to just grind out some aa, think im getting about 5-7 aa an hour, using exp pots prolly make it a bit higher. I think Ill try quite a few of the zones you guys suggested, particularly in PoP. If you guys know of an AA placement guide I could reference that'd be sweet, I am currently Silver, and it seems AA's are quick to get and there is a of abilities to be had. Quick question. Let's say when I get up to 1k AA cap, and go gold for a month, will I be able to keep whatever AA I get while I am gold if I dont re subscribe and become silver again?
  5. roth Augur

You will be able to keep the A's you have, you will simply be unable to obtain more AA's. I am not sure if you will be able to spend any banked AA's though.
  6. Sorlox New Member

The Nameless
  7. Yther Augur

See Levels and AA's (how much is good for each lvl) ?. I basically just keep going along the same lines and add in the DPS ones that look good along the way. Veteran's Wrath, any double attack or more increasing AAs (more swings = more DPS), there a some others like offhand damage and the like that are one rank and really good.

The ones you get that start at 65 or lower, are generally very good, especially for the first few ranks for the cost of the AAs, as a guideline. Others you'll have to look up to see where they should rank on getting. I usually don't break the 1K mark on a Ranger until around 75 it seems, definitely before 80. If you were wanting to be cautious, you could probably go to 80 without breaking the 1K mark, but you'd have to be picky at it.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Lightning_Strikes which starts at 66 is an awesome line to start flurrying.

Hope this helps some.

Yther Ore.