64 bit, guild mangement window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Aug 30, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Since we have 64 bit, can you guys work on a better UI for the guild management window.
    One thing I'd like to see is, when someone flags themselves as alt, they can dropdown and select their Main character or group all there characters. So When I take a look I can see what other characters they play as.

So, say I'm trying to do some serious content, but half the guild is playing as Alts.
    It would be nice to look at them and see if they have a serious character that I can ask them to hop on and do some serious content with.

I'm sure there is a lot of other nice things you could do with Guild Management but for me its seeing all the characters someone has and being able to quickly look and form guild groups.

When everyone does a Alt - <Main Character> in Notes.....
    That means there should be an easier way to group this, this is something that should be sortable. Shouldn't be so 90s and have to rely on comments. Comments should be something fun not Alt <Main Character>
    Then say later, flagging needed, Alt <Main Character> Flags
    Then say even more stuff.

But for me I'd like to hover over someone's name and if they set themselves up with alts and main, I can see their other characters.
    Tell <soandso> Hey can you log on your enchanter alt that is max level, I could use them in this serious content, yes you can? great!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are working on revamping the entire UI as was mentioned in the road map and this window will likely be part if it. This is a good idea but not really related to the 64 bit upgrade.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zunnoab like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Only mains deserves fun comments! :p
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Our guild has the officers add in the comments/notes: ALT - Fanra for alts of Fanra.

So, if you click on the top of the comments/notes (I'm not logged in now so I don't know exactly what that field is called) area, it will sort alphabetically. Most windows in EQ will sort by the top label name if you click them (this is also true for most Windows programs, and even some website tables).

So, if I want to see all of Fanra's alts, I show offline characters, then click the comments/notes label name and then go down the list to see them all, right next to each other.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The one thing I would really like to see added to the guild manager tool is the ability to hide OFF LINE chars who are in Trader mode. We can hide alts, why not those who are in trader mode?
    Stymie and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

You mean people who are not using the offline trader option ?
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Somehow on Stromm, Luclin, or both "bot" came into use to mean "alt" and it drives me nuts.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

No, they mean they want to hide the names of people who are using offline trader mode.

If someone is in your guild and they are in offline trader mode, they are not filtered out when y ou have the "show offline" button unchecked.

Yinla likes this.