6 box group

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, May 3, 2015.

1. nostalgia Lorekeeper

I was thinking of warrior,shammie,cleric ,druid (snare ports and not some bad nukes)mage,enchanter,and when pop goes live replacing the enchanter with a bard.
  2. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Why so much healing? With CC and solid pulls later from the bard, you are hurting yourself with 3 healers and 1 DPS. The shaman also isn't great for a caster group, they're more geared toward melee enhancement. I'd allow it for something pet heavy like 3+ MAG.

If you're looking at casters, you'd benefit from something like:
    WAR
    ENC
    CLR
    DRU
    MAG
    WIZ/MAG/NEC
  3. Lokero Elder

Have to agree with above... hurting for more DPS. I'd ditch one of the healers and pick up a dps class.
  4. nostalgia Lorekeeper

what im playing on maelin to prepare for tlp is sk,cleric,druid,mage,mage,enchanter.will roll a bard on a seventh account eventually,and yet its atoss up between sk or warrior as the main.
  5. Dartaniun Augur

Had a lot of fun with my setup on the last progression servers. SK main and boxes were DRU, ENC, MAG, NEC, BRD

Was a lot of dps and could just about kill anything. Only struggles were later on with lots of AE dmg as the druid group healing is not good, but you get some things with AA and spells at levels in Omens and beyond. Could travel anywhere fast, and add in dire charm for druid and chanter and it was a lot of fun with multiple pets in the 60-70 level range
  6. yukan Augur

My suggestion is to think of it as making either a melee or caster group. If you go melee, make warrior cleric shaman, 3 melee dps. You could go monk bard rogue, or monk bard beast, ranger monk beast, any combo you want.

If you go the caster route, it's the same base but with warrior cleric enchanter, wizard mage necro, wizard bard mage, wizard mage mage, ect.

The basic idea is that you want melee to be able to benefit from shaman buffs, and you want casters to benefit from enchanter buffs. I don't think you want duplication of slowers or healers if you can avoid it, otherwise you will lose too much DPS. I ran a warrior cleric enchanter wizard mage bard box crew from PoP - HoT on Fippy and it works great. In the early days of Ragefire I may be substituting a bard for an additional mage though, I haven't decided.
  7. Unheard New Member

Interesting build, but aren't you kind of doubling up with the ench and bard? I see you mentioned you might hold off on the bard to start, but why come back to him if you already have the chanty?
  8. jagarr Augur

PAL* ENC DRU MAG MAG MAG and i'll see ya at the finish line.

*PAL is just for hp/ac buffs and the easy 2h sword on fire.
  9. Dartaniun Augur

Bard songs can benefit melee as well as caster groups. Kinda hard not to have one in a 6 box setup, they add so much to the group
  10. Intin Elder

PAL or SK for the tank as they are a lot easier to box. Beyond that it's either do you want a melee group (requires positioning!) or a caster group (dress like womens).
  11. yukan Augur

Bards become crazy overpowered. Between overhaste, manasong and crazy pulling abilities they become very powerful. Bard mana song along combined with clarity from the enchanter makes those long med times take no time at all. In short, there is a point where adding a bard will increase your dps by more than an additional dps class, regardless of whether you are in a melee or caster group. I just don't know if that point starts before PoP when bards get fade or before then. I'll be making a bard to replace the 2nd mage once the server is settled.
  12. Numiko Augur

Mage, Necro, Wizard, Enchanter, Shaman, Cleric.

Shaman and Cleric for heals and buffs, pets will tank, wizard is for for ports and woops! evac!!...

Pull with necro FD or Ench pacify, one incoming send in pets and once mob is engaged fire off the 5 spell macro's on each caster and then flip to cleric and heal any pets that need it till mob is dead.
  13. wildone Elder

A group to do well through eq needs a tank healer dps slower mind candy cc and snare,druid snare seems to be the best i have never played a ranger so i dont know about the class,necros and sk have snare do wizards have eanything decent snare wise ?
  14. Dartaniun Augur

Rangers have the same snare line that druid have
  15. Intin Elder

Ranger snare is best snare.
  16. Invictvs Augur

My idea for 6 boxing group is similar to the ones mentioned above with a couple of changes:
    WAR, ENC, DRU, MAG, CLR, BRD

I want a MNK to replace the WAR, but I think the run from Freeport to ~Kelethin might be a bit much to pull off.
  17. Beastro Augur

I want a MNK to replace the WAR, but I think the run from Freeport to ~Kelethin might be a bit much to pull off.

Why? If you stick to the road you'll barely encounter mobs and any you might you'll see and can run them to guards long the way in BB. Gfay after that is a pinch.
  18. Slaughterfest New Member

Would I have any major regrets at level 60 or above running this 6 box..

Sk
    Bard
    Sham
    Druid
    Mage
    Ench

Thought about losing Druid and replacing with clr, but I would then have to remove Mage for wiz.
    I have to have snare and ports.
    Thank you,
  19. Intin Elder

You'd probably be upset with your DPS. Your survival would be off the charts, but your DPS would be pretty low. Unless you plan to charm, then all bets are off.
  20. chris_the_mage Augur

i cant wait to train people i see 6 boxing
    Clyve, Darth and Gwaine like this.