40+ group xp spots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pwned, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Pwned New Member

Hey guys

I just hit 40 on Phinny and was wondering where people go for xp now that velious is out. Im a warrior and i know that may have a limiting affect as to where i can go at what level, but i would like to hear from you guys about your recomendations as i chug along the path to 60.

Thanks!
  2. baider Elder

velks from 40-60 if you can take it being there that long. Can also do sebilis or howling stones later on
  3. Bewts Augur

All the standard dungeons are okay, and it really depends on your group as to how good those dungeons "are."

City of Mist is pretty legit 40-45 or so. Tails off after that a bit.

45+ is Seb/Chardok/HS.

When you're 50+ Velks is a nice spot until 55 or so. After that, things slow down everywhere so just take groups and grind away.

I prefer the kennels in Chardok for 55+. It's a bit out of the way, and deep inside the zone but worth it in a solid group. A bard pulling via paci is really nice to have there.

I've also spent a ton of time at Juggs (at least they are dark blues!) 55+.
  4. Garmr Augur

Velious
    Velks 40-60
    CS 40-50's
    Icewell 40-60 IIRC been a long time
    Kael 40-50's
    SS 50-60
    DN 50-60
    SG 50-60

Kunark
    Seb 40-60
    Chardok 45-60
    HS 45-60
    CoM 40-45

Old World
    SolB 40-50
    Lguk 40-45

Build groups, get loots.
  5. Kutsuu Augur

Velks can be nice for loot, but the ZEM is like any other outdoor zone and the mobs have a lot of HP for the level (this can be said about any velious zone) compared to equivalent old world/Kunark. It's not at all a fast place to level, just easy and convenient location - Similar to Karnor's Castle during Kunark era.

I wouldn't try seb until until 45-46+ or chardok/hs until 50+ if you are going to be tanking. It's really a major drain on healer mana when the mobs are red con to the tank.
  6. Bewts Augur

QFT

This only gets worse as the expansions pile up and mobs start hitting for the unbuffed HP of a wizard in a single round; a key point to remember for many classes but tanks, CC and slowers particularly.

The hardest and harshest adjustment comes from toons limping through trials early and getting into Valor in PoP. Those level 61 warriors in Thurg gear with COIO and lammys were show stoppers back in the day.
  7. Sykotic New Member

I had the easiest time finding groups in CoM 40-45 then 45-60 was Velks/Seb
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Yes, it's very important to make sure the tank is at the appropriate level to not place an undue burden on anyone else in the group.

The rest of the group can be 8 levels below the mobs and leech just fine. But god forbid the tank not be higher level than the mobs and have 50 krono worth of twink gear.
  9. Kutsuu Augur

It's not about it being an undue burden on someone else in the group - it's about being able to do the camp at all. If your tank is getting destroyed by every mob, you're going to be spending more time waiting for healer mana than killing mobs and you're going to wipe on tough pulls. You can often get away with lower level healers and DPS without major impact to the group. CC (brd/enc) have the same issue as tanks because they need spells that stick on the mobs they're fighting, which often means they need to be in the level range.

Anyway it seems I made you pretty upset. I apologize for confronting you with reality.