32 expansion raids/events focused

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jan 14, 2024.

1. uberkingkong Augur

31st expansion is already decided, its continuing of LS.
    Was gonna make another post, but I'll say it here.
    Stone Cold Summer, instead of a random pointless stuff. Turn it into the transition into the expansion, story, lore, so people know whats coming. Get excited for it.
    - EQ biggest drawback is lack of story. Lack of roleplaying.

LS 2.0 is 31st I know this but they have doors thats it, not a storyline indictating it. Thats all we know is doors yet to be open.

32nd expansion not yet decided, my suggestion is raids/events focused.
    Not much casual, solo stuff.

Event such as meta events.
    It's this time gametime, that means fairies are attacking, goto the location and do something.
    Events scale just like every other MMORPG.

Some events need 3 people minimum, 6 people minimum.
    If 20 people show up, it scales up to 20 people.

It's not group game expansion, its an event. You show up and do stuff, simple.

Events and raids. Lots of raid bosses open world.

You get currency from partaking in events, partaking in raids.
    Use the currency to convert to the gear.

Some events are simple, gang bang and stay alive.
    Mechanics for certain events, timers for events, so give time for people to prepare, let people know the mechanics if they haven't done before, getting setup.

EQ needs one of these,
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
  2. Ozon Augur

If possible, this could be really cool, although I can already here groupers screaming.
  3. EpicGodzilla New Member

31st expansion should be ls group/solo game, no raid, well maybe 1 raid, like raiding a fridge, i like my food well preserved.

Eq has a lot of story, i dont like story, no point to read, just hail go, go go. u know? roleplaying is fun, sometimes, ok a lot of times.

to much raid/event, raiders this, raiders that, i dont like it. should be more solo/grp casual stuff.

need less events and players too much lag, open more picks, less open world and conflict.

if want events go to gw2, eq cant have events, a lot of dev work for no return. too much preparing, just go kill, camp, roleplay.

eq needs less forum posters. bad game direction, bad ideas. just play game
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you'd said 9 raids and the rest was group missions I'd go for it.

I'd like to see instead of merc and partisan quests happening in open zones. I'd like to see them all happen in a missions, similar to how CotF was. We need more missions not raids. I'm content with raiding 2 - 3 nights a week for upto 2 and a half hours each night. I'd rather not increase that time, but have more content to play during the day when there are less players around.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

where did you hear about the next expac plans?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He is dreaming. Nothing will be announced until just before beta launches.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Bilderov Augur

Must be an assumption at this point. He's working off the idea that there are empty rooms/doors in the the Inn so DBG will just populate content behind those as expansion 32.

I could probably agree to that to some extent if this year wasn't such a big milestone.
    EagleTalon99 likes this.
  8. fransisco Augur

Then he needs to post that its conjecture instead of categorically stating it.
    Xyphen and Rijacki like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The have had a pattern for a while with two expansions in a row being part of the same theme. I think it is a safe bet to suggest that the next expansion will be around the same theme but they could surprise us.
  10. Hekaton Augur

Burning lands was a one off with a couple of extra portals built up top. I wouldn’t mind a continuation of laurions inn. I like the bubble zones and it provides variety. Art team has shown they can make really rad zones without map rehashes
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Correct but that still leaves 6 of the last 7 expansions following that pattern which to me suggests that it is the chances of it happening again are high
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Use common sense. See the doors yet opened. See the pattern they do same loot and concept ToV/CoV, ToL/NoS.Easy identified pattern.
    Common sense.

Common sense, like this thread,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/eq-raids-are-digustingly-easy.295306/
    How did he know beforehand????

Hrmmm.
    We wont know until it happens.
    Boom everything beaten by 26 guilds day 1.
    Common sense patterns. Use more common sense.

So I'm discussing 32nd expansion idea.
    WRONG
    Not missions.
    Events. Meta events.
    You should and do it,
    Did you look at this?

We need that, get rid of all these missions and what not, put events in.
    Ever heard event chain?
    Highly likely you have not, because EQ is behind the MMORPG scene.

Well EQ needs event chains.

Also, whoever said EQ has plenty story, WRONG.
    Has plenty of useless dialogue, but there is no story.
    Dribble, NPC complaining/needing help, no story just an NPC needs help.
    Thats not a story.

Look at FFXIV GW2, other games. Thriving games. Good storylines.

Meta events, are from storylines. Fight world bosses in meta events.

Another thing events, there is no forced to be a group, have to find a group, have to find a raid. There is none of that. You show up, participate, get rewards based on success/failure. Get currency for showing up.

Easier to get geared, easier to enjoy the game, easier to enjoy the company of others.
    This is an MMORPG. Not a box game, not a molo game, can be a tight nit group game though but LFG is so bad when its all tight nit, too much MEMEME.
    Events, meta events solves this issue.

Events/meta events and raids. Thats it, sure you can have some kill quests and what not too. Main focus should be events/meta events. World boss fights.

Diablo4, you goto a world and show up, boom your in the fight, thats called an event.
    There is nothing like in EQ, EQ is behind times. Time to get caught up.
    Time to start getting back into the playing with others.
    Time for the MMO aspect to come back
    Time for the RPG aspect to come back.
  13. Marton Augur

ngl, I wish you used some common sense before you type your posts.
    Tacoheals and Celephane like this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

There will be a bunch of group missions but they are locked behind you beating all raids and all challenges.:p
  15. uberkingkong Augur

What you think?
    Agreed?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/eq-raids-are-digustingly-easy.295306/

How long did it take to beat ALL of T1 raids?
    20 minutes? For beating all the raids?
    What you call that?

No it only caters to the same people.
    Events is better, meta events is better.

EQ is 49/140, other MMORPGs are doing stuff right. 12 years + after 10 years if your still top 10 top 20, your doing something right, you still got it.
    49/140 something ain't right. Still in the fight but whatever is going on, its not perfect you haven't found it yet.
    I feel like this game is on milking mode too.
    They haven't even tried to fix LFG, its just been broke, and accepted, just box, consider boxing. Play by yourself.

LS whole zone, everyone trying to do kill quests. You can raid and everyone wins.
    Nope everyone just boxes plays by themselves, ignores everyone else. Tight nit groups tight nit.
    Kill quests everywhere, no one forms a raid, everyone for themselves.

Events/Meta events.
    Bring back the MMO
    Bring back the RPG

EQ is totally different than the core EQ. In a bad way. Boxing, selfish plays. Raiders getting freebees. Raiders completing raids in record times. Boom 30 minutes all done, have a nice night. See you next week.
  16. Colt4954 Journeyman

Just because it has unused portals, doesnt mean much. RoF still has that unused portal, TBL has some. it gives them the option to return but doesnt mean they will.

LS, like TBL isnt the same as the 2 parters like TOV/COV and TOL/NOS, both of those were return to X expansions like EOK/ROS before it. that gets boring after a while tbh, I wouldnt mind an LS 2 but maybe in a few years, the art team as someone pointed out are capable of creating interesting new zones. Give us something fresh again and lets see what interesting concepts they can create.

Wanting EQ to be harder and like the old days is dinosaur talk, games 25 years old, it changes with time, get with it.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't play any of those games you mention, I have no interest in them and I have no interest in EQ bieng a copy of them either.

I play EQ because it is what it is, not some carbon copy of other games.

You want that type of game play play those games and stop trying to change EQ into a copy of something else.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Events/Meta events is not harder.
    Its easier.

Harder is missions, missions in GW2 is fractals. Not everyone wins all the time.
    GW2 has hard mode fractals too, which is even harder.

They have raids too, which is even harder than fractals.

However, events/meta events. Those are fun, not much challenge, very few are challenging. However if people show up, participate, success rate is usually high.

Exactly, you have no idea how far behind EQ is. To modern day MMORPGs.
    How much EQ is missing.

Good concepts from other games, that just about every new modern MMORPG is including them because its such a good concept.

Events meta events focused.

You talking about changing EQ into something else, the game is already doing that to itself, with AP and so on.
    It just choses the wrong stuff to work on.
    AP is useless stuff, should have been events meta events instead, much more meaningful.

There is sooooo much improvement for EQ.
    Just because a game has events meta events doesn't mean its no longer EQ.

EQ used to be events focused, boss timer 12 hours. People keep track of that stuff, just like modern MMORPGs. EQ lost its way.

All boss fights, its like Phinigel Autropos raid, more stuff going on, a story leading up to the Phinigel Autropos fight, not just get to Phinigel Autropos and win.
    Story with voice, animations, cinematics, etc. Modern day stuff.

Phinigel Autropos is on a 12 hour timer. Just like modern day MMORPGs boss fights on a timer. Difference its an event, meta event. Show up participate get rewarded.

There is no have to form a group, have to form a raid. You just show up and participate.
    In 32nd expansion if they do event/ meta event, reward is currency for buying stuff.

No more super groups farming missions, anyone can do it now, just show up, just play the game.
  19. Zarkdon Augur

This is either OP trying to drum up support for his idea, or an amazing piece of satire.
    Cimbaeth and Colt4954 like this.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

Its called modern day MMORPG. Modern day gaming style.
    EQ is 49/140 for a reason.

It's like mindset back in 1980s vs 2020 mindset.
    2020 person is wondering why, why do you not this its more efficient, its better, received better.

EQ is still doing missions.
    Should be doing events/ meta events.

Missions though?