3 requests for improvements to Hitsmode

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ravanta Suffer, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I'm sure most people are familiar with hitsmode. It's been around for ages. I have some requests for upgrades to it!

In no certain order:

#1 A Hitsmode setting for DD spells would be great. For example, This would allow a person to have a small transparent window just for their own DD hits against others, or a small window just for the amount of DD hits they are taking. They can do this now of course, but the window could be made to be much smaller if all they care about are the numbers themselves.

#2 A hitsmode setting for DOT spells would also be great, for the same reason.

#3 Hitsmode seems to be a universal setting for all types of melee damage and also for all windows. This causes some limitation with options. For example, you might choose abbreviated hitsmode, but if you wanted to filter a certain type of melee damage to a specific window (such as rampage) for the purpose of having a SMALL window as a simple way of seeing if you are taking rampage damage that doesn't cause any other window to scroll, you are forced to use hitsmode other hits number only. There are a couple different ways hitsmode could possibly be improved to allow this. a. Each window/tab could have it's own hitsmode setting, so if you only filtered certain damage types to that window, the hitsmode setting would only apply to that window. b. Hitsmode selection options could be expanded with more options in the top tree. Instead of just your hits, your misses, you being hit, you being missed, others hits, others misses, and all, more damage types could be added such as npc rampage, flurry, your DD hits, your DOT hits, others DD hits, others DOT hits, etc.

And while we're at it...spell criticals being an all encompassing filter is absurd. If I want a window to only show my dots, or only my nukes, or only my heals...it should include criticals! Criticals being a filter that includes all types is just terrible.