3 Cheers for Underfoot.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhartor, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Xhartor Augur

Underfoot is insanely good expansion.

It's a challenging expansion and rewards for the effort both from exp and loot are are great.

This is present in the raiding and group game.
    Skuz, Nighthawk, Nessirfiti and 2 others like this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

On a TLP, Underfoot is the greatest expac in EQ history.
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  3. Pappasalt Augur

Sadly so many will never see it
    Skuz likes this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

My favorite expansion of all time, when it was new (other than the couple of broken raids).
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I pretty much stopped playing after OoW originally launched. Never raided much outside PoP. I've been having a great time doing all that on Mischief, and looking forward to GoD in a couple weeks. So much to learn that came with expansions past OoW. I've had my fill of Classic-PoP, and I'm ready for new challenges.
    Skuz and Nighthawk like this.
  6. Nessirfiti Augur

Underfoot is pretty great, but House of thule is as good or even slightly better, at least the weapon visuals from Morell's castle are, that see-through rapier? Amazing.

But I will admit that House is a step down, difficulty wise, at least grouping.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

HoT is way less fun raids and way easier.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

I can't really speak to the raids, but I will say I much preferred the group armor system in HoT over underfoot, the only other group gear system I thought was as good as HoT was SoF.

But to the point of the topic, Underfoot is indeed great, in fact I'd say that there are very few bad or even mediocre expansions after OoW, but most people don't stick around to try them, which is sad.
    Skuz and Nighthawk like this.
  9. Xhartor Augur

I remember enjoying HoT as a casual player. However it does sucks that they nerfed the exp rewards on tasks/quests around the time VoA dropped.

A big part of that expansion was grinding most of those mission for the exp reward.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

If the new TLP rumor is true, its a great opportunity to start in GoD and see all these great expansions.

Many people will be playing them for the first time and others will get to enjoy some of the best content the game has to offer again.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I really enjoyed grouping & raiding in Underfoot, despite the high degree of challenge those provided to both Group & Raid.
    Boxing group stuff in Underfoot sucked in-era but once House of Thule Unlocked going back to Underfoot with a few levels made boxing it a lot of fun, was not trivialised by 5 more levels.

HoT was far more casual group friendly though many of the raids were in my view super annoying due to the over use for the "push you away" mechanic.