2nd server for boxing along whith the true box server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by markkk, Mar 26, 2017.

1. markkk Lorekeeper

Please could we have a second server were people can box since that is the way i play eq now days, pop and ldon are the expansion i loved the most in eq.
    give the boxer a choice so we dont bug people that like non boxing.
  2. Strawberry Augur

3. Razzle Augur

Agnarr you can still box, you just need one computer for each toon you are playing. A lot of people will probably 2 box on this server at some point. Unless you are one of those evil 6 boxers, in that case Lockjaw or Ragefire might be better for you. Agnarr will be capped at PoP/Ldon. LJ and RF are not capped.
  4. DariyaVika Augur

You can box all you want on Ragefire or Lockjaw. You can even use the third party programs that allow you to control everything from one console.

So I think they probably won't be adding another new server when they already have two that match the ruleset you are looking for, minus being locked at LDON.

*Scratches head and still can't figure out the nostalgia of six-boxing and playing solo all of the time when the era of the game we're nostalgic for almost always featured people playing solo, or with two boxes occasionally*
    Taladir likes this.
  5. Hdizzle Augur

Here's the thing... There's no instancing on RF or LJ. By releasing a boxing server with instancing they basically admit they screwed up by not delaying RF and LJ. It would completely destroy those servers.

I'm all for it though, I've been crying for a NOtruebox tlp with instancing since phinny came out Lol.

EQ is a job for some. It's a side hustle. They don't care about your stupid nostalgia, they just wanna sell you gebs and red scales and farm so they can make a lil pocket change. Theres a handful of 3rd party sites easily found by a simple google search to see this. It's all RMT driven. Where there are customers there will be Krono sellers.

Not all boxers are jerks, but the best farmers box.
    Grisnkh likes this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard since it's most likely any eq player is above 30+ years old and a side hustle for minimum wage would be funny.
    Taladir likes this.
  7. Strawberry Augur

Krono sellers are losers incapable of doing anything. They're westerners without a good education, all they know in their life is how to play EQ.

Plat farmers made sense when chinese did it, because $ could buy a chinese person a lot back in the 90s.

But those krono sellers are not chinese, they are americans. I pity them more than chinese plat farmers, at least those chinese plat farmers made more than pocket change.

They're not making minimum wage, they're doing it for a few dollars difference compared to Daybreak's price. At best, they're making half of what someone makes cleaning toilets. It is sad, Daybreak should stop it not because it affects the game, but because that is not a way to live, those people need help.

I remember people feeling pity for chinese farmers back in the 90s, the krono selling is way worse, they're making a fraction of what chinese farmers made back then.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

Look at the other posters in this thread(and this forum as a whole) and how they're acting towards the OP/in general.

They're stating their opinions like they are facts that were scribed in stone and passed down for generations. If you don't agree with their opinion you're chastized regularly and they don't even make an effort to accept someone or something that is different from their ideals. Some people grow out of this as they age and stop acting this way. Others, a prime example would be our current President, do not grow up and continue acting this way thinking that it's acceptable.

Some people would rather just see the game they remembered and not deal with the new fan base. Like you said, we have nostalgia of playing this game and enjoying it... What we don't have though is nostalgia of dealing with a bunch of immature man children arguing with us while we try and enjoy our game.

So, to answer your question in a shorter way... Some boxers still enjoy THE GAME they just don't enjoy THE PEOPLE.
    Sinzz-Wickedley likes this.
  9. DariyaVika Augur

I know a couple of guys who match this description. Haven't evolved since high school, but it's not fun to hang around them much any more because we're all pushing 40 but they're still living with parents and working close to minimum wage jobs. They are really into RMT, but they're small timers. I think they make about $200 to $250 a month profit off of it, for about 20-25 hours per week of farming. But hey, it lets them sit on the couch and they don't have to ask (now elderly) mom for cigarette or pepsi money.
  10. Dysaio New Member

Me have zero problem with krono, if me not want to farm something for few hours me can just pay 1 krono for it. Where is problem? Me happy and seller happy.
    Maybe you not remember Najena camp for Jboots? Hours and hours you can sit there and not got them. It was must have item for some classes, like wizard... Now you can pay some small $$ and buy Jboots with no problem. So market work.
  11. Dilf Augur

If Krono sellers are losers incapable of doing anything, what does that make you since you spend all day inaccurately complaining about how kronos ruin instanced raid servers?
    sifonin and Sinzz-Wickedley like this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

[IMG]
  13. Lankie Augur

The amount of people that are interested in mutli boxing is so small, it's not worth making a server for them. No new servers will ever be made that are non-instanced and allow boxing. Play an existing server / live server if that's your thing.
  14. FurySoul Augur

And what exactly is the harm in launching a new server exactly like Phin, but without true-box?

Genuinely curious to see how people try to make it out to be a ship wreck of an idea...Im all ears though.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

2 servers at the same time is a terrible idea. Just look at Ragefire & Lockjaw, Fippy & Vulak... With pick zones, instancing and better server capabilities they'll be able to handle the launch now with just 1 server, and 1 server is obviously preferable so that you can have the highest population possible to ensure longevity (or at least to allow it to last as long as possible).

So.... from Phinny they know the true box, instancing ruleset works VERY well, and they are just looking to repeat that success. Very easy decision.

Also, when Ragefire launched the #1 complaint was boxing, and people have been generally happy with the true-box server (or at least far less vocal). Basically it makes sense they went with the true-box option over the unlimited boxing option.
  16. Strawberry Augur

Unless you can find me talking about instanced raid servers, you owe me an apology.

You have me confused with someone else. I haven't raided in a long time and don't have the time to do it . And I can't recall me ever even talking about raid instances in over a decade.

And why are you even getting upset when I call krono farmers losers, that's what they are, they're cheating in a game for a few $. It's worse than chinese sweatshops in the 90s. Plenty of decent work to do out there for people who want work. If you're hurting for money, get off your butt and get a job or education, it's never too late to go to school, I got my degree at 29 . You'll be a lot prouder at the end of the day and actually have a stable and decent income.

I have 0 respect for the losers farming krono, you ruin the game for honest players, you cost daybreak money, and you're cheating yourself in the process, go do something.
  17. Lankie Augur

I know servers are pretty cheap, but really, launching a server for under 30 people to play on? Why bother?
  18. FurySoul Augur

1. Fippy and Vulak was fine. Both servers were going strong all the way to DoDH. Its a hard sell to say that the servers decline from DoDH was due to a double server release and not due to game environment and player environment (many toxic players).

2. Ragefire and Lockjaw both did fine as well. One could argue that the would have continued to do well if the expac releases were faster and if Phinny wasnt launched. (I would argue LJ/RF decline was more to do with Phinny)

3. I agree with recent server mechanics like instancing and load balancing, there really is less reason to make multiples of the same servers (like they did in the past), since they can handle the increased population, both in server capacity and server content.

4. I feel you've taken my comment out of context. I was not advocating for a server launch along side with the new "Agnarr" server. I was merely asking a question (as well as pointing out), about why a server like Phinny, without true-box would be a detriment to the community? I certainly believe that they wouldnt lose money on the attempt. (but this is more along what I was reaching out on, to hear peoples voices concerning this topic)

5. Just because some people dont like boxing (to a degree non-true-boxing) doesnt mean future servers should all be only true-box. I enjoyed that phinny was created to give the community an environment that was begged for. Why should the other side not enjoy a new (somewhere in the future) server of the environment they want as well? I think Agnarr was a great idea and benefit to the voices begging for a PvP again. More options can be a good thing, maybe?
  19. FurySoul Augur

If truly only 30 people intend to play on this style of new server, I agree, its probably not in the best interests of the companies attention.

However, can you guarantee that more people are not willing to play there? I honestly dont know the answers, but I feel you are doing a disservice to the company and the community by automatically silencing the voices of players. Without further discussion and analysis, how can a conclusion be made?
  20. Dilf Augur

How again is farming to earn kronos illegal or cheating? You literally posted today about kronos ruining Phinigel's economy (which it isn't), aka an instanced raiding server. I'm just boggled at your thought process of having a college degree gives you the right to spit on people for their life choices and how they play this game. If they are cheating using 3rd party software, then I agree about smashing those people, but you have no basis for any of those accusations.