25th Anniversary

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

And corpses just...POOF!! It would be a great place to send halflings.
  2. uberkingkong Augur

Mobs seeing through invis and sneak. not scary.
    The most scary thing in EQ, I gotta say is at leveled mobs, overwhelming you.

The most hated word in any groups or raids in EQ is
    Adds

The most cheatcode thing people do nowdays?
    camp a cleric
    "a cleric got out ok? this is a W, no longer L" 53 peopled died but a cleric got out from camping. cheat codes
    Suppose a counter to that is the 2nd people hate
    BANISHED
    camp in this zone, get BANISHED skyshrine style, banish them 2 zones next door if someone camps

So, overwhelming adds and character lingers in the world for minutes after camped, that makes the game a whole scarier.

No need for summons, summons don't really scare but being chased by adds and its not easy to run away, so many obstacles, they run as fast or faster. Thats intense, thats scary, thats adrenaline pumping.

Cannot summon corpse would be good thing too, keep your gear and all, but just seeing many many corpses littering the ground, that makes the game exciting. Your in some scary area now, lots of corpses. That xp loss? Overseer and back to 99.99

Getting overwhelmed already and more adds? Good grief, time to start name calling, time to tell people how to play the game. Time to remember what trains are and why people do trains. Orc Legionnaire add, good grief. You know the drill.

EQ loves to have adds as other games, they love corpse explosions, explosions after death.
    "how can we make it harder", not corpse explosions. "adds"
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Whaaa.... I nominate Dwarves.
    Aren't they notorious for delving to greedily and too deep?
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bah. We learned the lessons of Moria. Now when we tunnel we tie halflings to rope, drop them in The Hole, and if only pieces come back we sell the property to Florida developers. BTW, Moria is going condo. Buy now, buy often and do it without looking. Trust us.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Right .. let me just send you my nephew to look into that
    Nennius likes this.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

"leveled mobs"! Now, there is a scary thought. Can't let the NPCs gain XP and level up at my expense.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

What sauce goes best with nephew?
    Barton likes this.
  8. Barton The Mischievous

Not sure but you should definitely make sure and pluck and clean him first
    Marton and Nennius like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Expectation:
    A single new commemorative zone, quests, achievements & raid much like the 20th Anniversary had one (GMM).

The expansion that year will be just as tiny as the past few.

Reality:
    tbc
  10. Iven the Lunatic

EverQuest itself is a dungeon with no end. :p
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.