23rd Anniv: Death Finds a Way - offering not spawning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mordennin, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Mordennin New Member

On the initial step, the Toxic Ahayae's Offering does not seem to be spawning making it impossible to proceed down the 23rd anniv quest line. I do have the quest as a current task.
    Silver likes this.
  2. Mordennin New Member

The offering ground spawn is still not spawning. This makes it impossible to follow the 23rd anniv quest line, as other quests depend on completing this one.
  3. Gialana Augur

I'm assuming you're in Shar Vahl, not Shar Vahl, Divided since the quest npc is in Shar Vahl. But the red X is where it's located:

[IMG]

And it's the torch-looking thing on the nearest cabinet/desk/dresser:
    [IMG]

From the quest NPC, /waypoint 451, 407, -163 gave me the path to the ground spawn. I can't guarantee that you'll find it on your server, though. I'd expect the GS to appear automatically at the start of the Anniversary, but I only checked after my server crashed. the /uptime on this zone was less than 3 hours.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

You are in old Shar Vahl? Are you using /waypoint 446, 407, -166? What server is this on?

I'm seeing it on Luclin on the second floor.
    [IMG]
    Gialana likes this.
  5. Mordennin New Member

Bertox. That is the exact spot I have been checking off and on since the anniversary started. Haven't checked uptime but I have waited well beyond the supposed 6 min spawn time, been only toon in zone, etc. Sounds like I wait until the zone crashes or the next patch.
  6. Gialana Augur

I just created a Vah Shir berserker on Bertox since I could make their starting city Shar Vahl. The zone has been up for more than 22 days. But the ground spawn is also there at /waypoint 451, 407, -163. I'll keep the character Zalinia online at the ground spawn for a little bit if you want to send a tell.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Knifen Augur

I think it was asked in the first post but are you in the "correct" Shar Val? Do the NPC get up to lvl 60 or 120
  8. Mordennin New Member

Thanks to Gialana for meeting in-game to help. I was at the correct spot but cannot see the ground spawn that does appear to be spawning. Clicking around randomly doesn't get me the spawn, unfortunately.
    I have tried a bunch of display settings, logging out/in to test the changes, validated game files, and tried a few graphics driver settings. No luck.
    As the item is NO DROP, I'm somewhat at a loss to figure out how to get past this step in the quest. In any case, it's not a bug in spawning the item but in my inability to see it. This is the first time I have been unable to even see a ground spawn so I'm curious what is different here.
  9. Mordennin New Member

I was holding out hope that the April patch might magically fix this, but it did not. Worse, the April tower mission has ground spawns required to progress the task, and I can't see those either.

In addition to the above, I've deleted my eqclient.ini and let it be regenerated by EQ with no luck. The only other graphic issue I'm having is that some items in the game don't have any texture, they are a solid white -- some weapons (like when people hold steins), and some tradeskill benches (like the brewer outside the inn where the drunkard stein takes you).

What are the mechanics of these items being displayed in the game, to assist troubleshooting? I'm at a loss how to troubleshoot this on my system. I see collectible ground spawns and the turkey legs in the 25th anniv raid with no issues.
  10. Silver New Member

I am sorry that you are having a similar experience. I sure hope they fix it soon!