200 Days Played

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

Most I can manage on any one character is 88 days. Guess I am leaving that random cleric from years and years ago logged on 24/7 for the next month to bump that up to 100 days. This is what I get for liking alts. Not that my names are ever taken, but still.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I will say while my OG character has like 300 days played...i hope that doesn't exclusively limit me to that character name in reservations.. I haven't used that character since 2005.....does the the 200 days played just allow you to log in and reserve A single name? I guess some clarity on this reservation system would be nice.
  3. Kahna Augur

No idea
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

I wonder if they meant 200 days old?
  5. Kahna Augur

They were pretty specific about characters with 200 days played.
  6. Demetri Augur

Leaning back to our "persona vs alt" discussion - I've got to imagine it's not just checking "what is the highest playtime character on the account" and is instead adding all of them together (obviously for those that aren't deleted) - I'd be pretty bummed if my secondary accounts get names snaked before I can get in because the highest playtime on those is around 88 days since most of their time is split across a half dozen characters on Vox (Phin originally) in addition to a couple months of play here and there on other servers.
  7. Kahna Augur

I think you are over estimating their ability to do that sort of thing, but until they clarify it's an unkonwn and I don't care to speculate.

Also, I have always been pro-persona. But there are folks out there who don't roll like that and prefer alts.

Prepare to be bummed, then all your surprises are happy ones.
  8. Demetri Augur

LOL... that seems like a tweak on one of my classic catchphrases... "I'm often happy, because I'm an eternal pessimist, so almost everything ends up better than the worst case I prepare for"
  9. Potsos76 Augur

I don't see why they do this stuff in the first place. Character names are fun, but not important enough to warrant an entire event around it.
  10. Demetri Augur

Eh, I've seen plenty of folks get trolled over their names over the years...
  11. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

Have not played in years but I think I had years in days played. What can I say...I played a LOT for a long time.

Hmm logging in to see if I can figure it out. I don't think this account is even my 1999 account....still I bet it has tons played.
  12. Potsos76 Augur

Well that's a whole different conversation. Ha.
  13. Crymea New Member

I'd imagine it will end up being total time played on the account. If it's not done that way, then I still wouldn't worry because I'd imagine most people don't have 200 days played on one character if they are constantly doing TLP's. That's probably mainly folks that play on live, which is probably not the majority of the TLP population.
    Demetri likes this.
  14. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

I'm shocked at the low low amounts on some of my oldest characters. It's still well over 100 days but not one is in the years played. I played so many of these guys for years! Shocking to see my Wizard at level 60 with only 120 days played. My guess is you could hit that in like a hour or two now right? But back in the day I played him for years to get to that point. What fun memories. Oh yeah im coming back for this new TLP.
  15. Demetri Augur

Speaking of people that get their names trolled... how many krono you have saved up for the potential name hijackers this time, old friend?
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

If, as I have done, you carefully cultivate a reputation of being a total jerk, nobody will want to be associated with your name.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  17. Crymea New Member

You know I'm way too cheap to pay krono for a name. Plus, if I don't get my name there's always names like Aszuth, Demetri, Aszuthx, etc. ;)
  18. Demetri Augur

LOL, it wasn't me - am I misremembering who among my friends had their name ransomed?
    Crymea likes this.