2 Hand Weapons Rotting in ROF 2 weeks into raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gragas, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Gragas Augur

Why is this happening? Because the ratios suck, just like discussed in Beta forums.

Only one weapon worth getting if you are a berserker and if does not drop on the fire dragon, can always wait and buy it with currency, which will guarantee it will rot as well eventually.

Also, if you use 1hand anything there is another 10 DMG available which brings raw DMG for 1 handers up to 20 with augs alone. Should there not be a 20 DMG 2 hand aug to balance this out?

Rogues get +30 heroic strength with 2 weapons having +15 strength on them, 2 handers need this as well. Roguequest is not the game I pay money to play every month.
  2. Gubu New Member

What do you mean there is another 10 damage available for 1 handers bringing them up to 20? Is there a 20 damage aug??
  3. Nenton Augur

Think he means one 1hander aug went up +2dmg -1elemental damage so primary + offhand augs = 10+10=20 while 2hand aug stayed at 16 and because that is 100% what melees are balanced around /rage?

Also, T3. If they would just confirm that it exists it would cut down on some of the loot complaints.
  4. Roderick Journeyman

And so continues the worst PR and community management of any computer game franchise. I feel bad for Piestro because he gets blamed for what he is and is not allowed to tell us...meanwhile the Devs have already hinted at it but can't confirm anything because of what I assume is some ridiculous mandate form above.

It is absolutely infuriating to try to achieve any type of understanding of the direction of this game. What makes this such a problem is because EQ is, on the players' end, a game all about time investment, time management, scheduling, etc. Yet we get jerked around with vague promises of changes that would drastically change how and when we play.

Autogranting AAs. Epic Ornamentations. Player Polls. A COMPLETE CHANGE TO THE WAY CONTENT IS DELIEVERED? Maybe, but we'll all have to sit here with our thumbs up our butts until they actually tell us what is coming; if it ever even happens they way they eventually claim it will.
    Renthor and Vouivre like this.
  5. Langya Augur

Lack of communication = No word to have to go back on later. Pretty much the " Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies" treatment.
    Thus, what we get is what we get and it is doubtful the players will be in the loop for most things.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  6. Dr Dice Elder

Get more alts to loot those weapons!
  7. Langya Augur

Firebomb their content in a week. Complain about the content the next. Yah, If you were a Dev, how would you react?

Otherwise, aside from the emphasis on the communication issues in general, OP's post sounds more like class bashing and spoiled elite players used to Devs jumping every time folks like OP say "frog" whining when they don"t get 100% their way.
  8. gnomeboss Augur

meanwhile, if brogett was a cat ...

[IMG]
    Voodoman and Xnao like this.
  9. Xnao Augur

Post of the century
    Voodoman likes this.
  10. Gragas Augur

We gave the same feedback in Beta. Just restating it here.
    For years, our ADPS (warcry with ACOC, Aura and Cry Havoc), were held against us and therefore they stagnated our individual DPS. Now they have farmed out our ADPS in form of self buff's that every pure melee has EXCEPT for us and negated our ADPS gains and stagnated our individual DPS.
    Considering we have NO other utility except to DPS and are the melee equivalent of a caster wizard but yet we are no where in the same ball park sustained or burst (rogues, wizards, rangers and sometimes even monks) in ROF unless the mob is rooted is in no way balanced.

Is it whining? No just stating a fact, stagnation for no reason is uncalled for and makes the game boring. having only one weapon to look forward to dropping is just plain stupid.

I really hope the IRC AA chat produces something worth mentioning.
  11. Xnao Augur

Everyone got stagnated except wizards. Stop playing victim.
  12. Kreacher Augur

You use that word, I do not think you know what it means.
  13. Gragas Augur

So HH effect is broken, guess we might have a chance to get a self only one similar to monks/rogues once it has been fixed(nerfed).?
  14. maverick Elder

someone had posted their webcast saying there was only 2 tiers, and the entire thread is gone, so no clue what that is supposed to mean.
  15. Trajet D'Or Augur

16. maverick Elder

17. Trajet D'Or Augur

The last two non-autumn large content releases are Convorteum and The Buried Sea. Most likely the plans fall somewhere in that range and having a price tag on some/all of the new content shouldn't come as a surprise.
  18. Nenton Augur

I watched both those parts yesterday when it was linked and it's hard to conclude from those bits that more content is coming which will be included in RoF. They're being so careful with their wording (i.e. Eli not being able to say if the AA's will be included) it just doesn't seem like it's going to bode well for the players.

I don't know the exact job details of EQ's Executive Producer but it was a little disheartening going into the next bit in that video where a shawl question was asked and the guy laughed at it because he had no idea it was a real question. Devs who don't play. Producers who have no idea the contents of their game. Oy.