2 druids

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CashIsKing, Mar 2, 2018.

1. CashIsKing New Member

Actually have some RL friends playing. Picked a TLP server for grins. Without talking to each other, our group is warrior, mage, ench and 2 druids. One wants to dps as druid and other wants to heal as druid. The 6th slot will be merc or invite a player.

Seems strange with 2 druids but might work. Your thoughts?
  2. Yruc Augur

It will work fine. Druid dots will stack and one can backup heal. One could start a shammy for more buffs and a better slow or the one that wants to heal can make a cleric to have even more healing power and rez.. but 2 druids are fine. Been in many groups with 2 druids and no probs.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No mercs on most* tlp, so 1 of you should box a bard.
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

I would add pure DPS to this group. Monk or Rogue.
    Buford T. Justice likes this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Sounds like fun :)
  6. Nolrog Augur

You can do fine, I'm sure. Two druids, one can heal, one can DPS and back up heal if necessary. I agree with Sagrmatha that a pure melee DPS would be a worthy consideration.

The one thing, though, that you are specifically missing is some form of rez (druids don't get this until later on.) That will make recovery much easier, should things go bad.
  7. fransisco Augur

Play 2 druids. Sounds fun. No need to go with the boring standard warrior, bard, shaman.
    Blargh, there is so much bards and shamans can't do that druids offer.
    Play something that isn't an easy bot class!
    moogs and Kedra Leafwalker like this.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

Dang, and here I thought it was going to be "in a teacup" story.
  9. Treeluvr Journeyman

Druid is one of my favorite classes. And I think a pick-up group filling out the 6th spot with a second (or third) Druid is fine. The class is so versatile that they can fill many roles. But my .02 is that having two druids in a permanent type group is something you might end up regretting. And, while Druids CAN dps, they are not a DPS Class. If one of your group members wants to dps, they might be better off choosing a dps class.

So, if one of the Druids is willing to change classes, I think the group will benefit in the long run and may be more fun. Of course, if both need to play Druid to have fun, then by all means go for it. The group will work fine, it simply will not be as efficient.

I agree that the lack of rez might be a problem. One member dying in a bad pull is no big deal with a rezzer, but is a huge PITA without one in some cases. That is mitigated some when the Mage gets Call of the Hero.

I also don't think you have a good puller for your group for indoor zones. The Warrior can pull if you don't care about adds. But only if you don't care about adds. The Enchanter can pull, but won't be able to med between pulls and won't be able to have a charm pet realistically. I don't know how that will work. If you are in an outdoor zone a Druid is actually a good choice for puller using Harmony and Snare.

Just some thoughts. I hope your group has lots of fun!
  10. moogs Augur

Actually if the group stays back from the pulls inside of a dungeon, one of the druids can pull a mob with snare and evac self to drop aggro. The magician can COTH the druid back to the group. The snared mob will be left standing still apart from the pack, which will path back to their room.
  11. Treeluvr Journeyman

After level 55 (level for Call of the Hero), that sounds like an interesting tactic using the Egress self only evac spell. I assume that the Warrior would shoot a box to tag it.

Have you actually used that method? If so, how did it go? Was it frustrating and complex, or was it smooth and easy?
  12. moogs Augur

I've used that quite a bit. If it's a zone that has no respawn (such as most missions), it's easy. If there is quick respawn, it helps a lot to have COTH available. With a half decent group that can handle 2 or maybe 3 mobs at a time, you don't need to do it very often at all. It's just a nice mechanic for when you really want to avoid having an unmezzable add. (This group has an enchanter, so that helps a ton.) You can also pull with root...even having two druids time their root casts at the same moment. There are so many options here.
  13. Morbid Journeyman

Every time I see the thread title, my mind fills it in with 'A Girl, and A Pizza Place". I don't know if anyone else would get that reference.