1st to 3rd person

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Leloes, May 12, 2014.

1. Leloes Lorekeeper

How do I get my toon to go from first to third person? I pushed f9 but nothing happens.
  2. JacklSK Augur

well, f9 has 6 camera settings, most often, if I wanna see my toon I use the mouse wheel and scroll back
  3. Leloes Lorekeeper

Okay, thanks. Is there any way to cut back on some of the boxes on the screen so it's easier to see what's going on?
  4. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Change the transparency level of them so that you can see through them, or use the /viewport command to change your viewable area into a smaller screen so that windows will be in the non-viewable area.
  5. Leloes Lorekeeper

Okay, I'll do it. This is so different from EQ2. The screen doesn't have the boxes like EQ.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There are a couple ways to scroll back to 3rd person... the first way, where you just use the mouse wheel, will get you back a bit, but if you're looking to kite, there is a better way.

With the first method, after you scroll back, you can tilt the camera angle down, so that you viewing from above, but looking down, at an angle. If you want to kite, you can instead hit F9 twice (assuming you're starting in the normal 1st person view), and then you can move the camera back using the DEL or END key (I forget which, it's been years). You can get WAY back using this method. Now, use the PgUp key (I think?) to move the camera up, but this doesn't angle it down, it just moves the viewing point up, for a great panoramic perspective. Now when you kite, you can learn where to set the camera distance so that you cast right as the mobs come back into view. This was invaluable back in my old quad-kiting days.

Tat