15th Anniversary Banner

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

It seems the artist who updated it just pasted the new stuff over the old as you can see the old versions of Firiona Vie from earlier years still in the Banner, I've circled in red the issues:

The top one is Firiona Vie's Yellow hair on top of her Head

[IMG]

The bottom one is Firiona Vie's left leg, part of stomach, bottom part of outfit and her hand holding the old weapon, her old cape (the new one doesn't look to have one?), etc
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  2. Rorce Augur

After it gets fixed, can we have a way to order a physical banner like this? I'll buy a couple!
  3. Riou EQResource

Seemed appropriate :p

[IMG]
    Candara, Fenthen, Anglesy and 5 others like this.
  4. Pixiepuffles New Member

That ^ is hilarious...
    Rorce likes this.
  5. Fendy Augur

Thanks for pointing this out. I have my own screenshot now. Someday this banner will be valuable. Like the airmail stamp with the airplane upside down. Or a double struck coin. Or maybe it will just be interesting to compare it to next years banner to see if they do it again. :)
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Fironaception.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  7. drkoli Augur

There a way to get this banner and banners of past years for my GGH?
    beryon likes this.
  8. Questoften32 Augur

I like her in that pic, its good art better than on the eq site, in this pic her face is more pretty and less odd. saved but the red lines ruin the picture. I would like to have a full size version of this to frame and place in my house. I know the perfect spot to hang it.
  9. Riou EQResource

Here you go (though it is still the 'broken' version, if it gets fixed maybe will updated this thread with the fixed one :p)

[IMG]
  10. Leerah Augur

So many starving artists! Such a cheap corporation!
  11. Riou EQResource

I'm sure they were rushed is all :p
  12. SaderakhBertox Augur

I bet everyone was surprised when the 15th anniv came around lol :D
    Leerah, Fanra and Riou like this.
  13. Fendy Augur

Yeah it only took 12 months this year. Hehe.
  14. Leerah Augur

11, they started early, while I was still in the hospital.
  15. Fendy Augur

I'm gonna try that with my birthday next year. I like early presents.
    Leerah likes this.
  16. Ellyra Augur

Get a look at the "limited edition" banner while you can, 'cause art has a fix in the works!
    Tarvas, Candara, Riou and 1 other person like this.
  17. Edrick Augur

Haha, that was unexpected. Nice!
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Apparently no one has an editor/boss to report to within SOE for EverQuest any longer; artwork, test server reports, etc... all get pushed to live no problem!
    guado likes this.
  19. Questoften32 Augur

Can the art people please do a bunch more pictures of Firiona and the other woman too? Maybe some more art to post around? No I dont want any links to cosplay but real art of them please.

I'm trying to pursaude artist to do real looking eq fanart but official art is good too. Maybe some authentic looking wood elf beastlord and Drakkin art for fun too in the future? Eq has so little art of it.

I'm really fond of the retro character models and think places like the grimling forest look awesome. It would seem less imersive to some but seems more authentic to me.

Eq characters and landscapes are so magical. Well done really. The great divide for exsample always puts me in a calm mood. Felwithe is charming, and never should have been turned into a enemy area in eq2.

As for as Drakkin they really look better than rift characters, not as retro, but still they are pretty awesome. I adore them, and there little story and class quests. The idea of them is great. Unfortuantly I was only able to find one good drakkin fanart after exstinsive serching of the interent, and only a handful total, much of it too interpretational.

I was used to that slick boring stuff in mmorpgs when I tried eq1 for the first time 3 or 4 years ago, and I was like, this is the real thing...awesome. Made me feel like I had stepped into one of my pc adventure games in 3d.

Eq is magic and needs more art.
  20. Riou EQResource

It has been updated on Test but it's still broken! :p

The EverQuest 15 is down to low and the 15 is over her face! and the 'Years' was removed! hehe

[IMG]
    Iila and Fenthen like this.