150% exp bonus?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lufraki, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Lufraki Elder

So, this past weekend was supposed to be bonus exp.. went to Morell's Castle for easy kills, well, 14 kills per 1% regular exp (0 going to aa)... that's a lot of killing, let's try a hot zone, go over to Replendent Temple same thing, 14 kills per 1% reg exp? wait, what?! this is a hot zone AND bonus exp too?

I hope next bonus exp weekend is the bonus is actually turned on.....
  2. Gialana Augur

That does seem like a lot of killing. But when they advertised 150%, they really meant you would gain 1.5 times the experience you normally would. So that's normal experience plus and extra 50%. Supposedly, if you go back to those zones with the same group setup and the same levels, it would now take about 21 kills for 1% of regular experience. If it still takes only 14 kills of the same mobs (same levels), then that would indicate the bonus wasn't working properly.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Tvarian Augur

First off, comparing one zone to another isn't a way of determining if an xp bonus is turned on. Going to a hotzone to see if it's different doesn't work either because some zones give more xp than others, and hotzone xp doesn't necessarily mean a big boost in xp. I've seen it set to only a 10% boost before for a hotzone.

As I stated in another thread on the same subject, I was getting bonus xp on my characters.
  4. Lufraki Elder

Went to the same zones last night, same results.... 14 kills = 1% exp (0 going to AA). I'm beginning to think this hot zone thing is just a hoax of some sort.

I'm not a math genius, but wouldn't that mean at least one less kill for the same result? 13 kills = 1% exp?
  5. Tvarian Augur

quote="Lufraki, post: 3458900, member: 426548"]Went to the same zones last night, same results.... 14 kills = 1% exp (0 going to AA). I'm beginning to think this hot zone thing is just a hoax of some sort.

I'm not a math genius, but wouldn't that mean at least one less kill for the same result? 13 kills = 1% exp?[/quote]

Read what the OP said though. He compared one zone to a hotzone for kills to get 1%.
    Each zone is different for xp given. Maybe if the second zone wasn't a hotzone, it would have taken him 16 kills to get 1% instead of 14.
  6. Havanap Elder

I'm disappointed how the XP was not as advertised
    This is an unambiguous statement, meaning regular XP plus a 150% bonus. That's what bonus means - "in addition to".
    Anyway it clearly was a 50% bonus.
  7. Lufraki Elder

I don't see what's so hard to understand. I went to zone A, killed 14 mobs got 1% exp, I went to zone B (hotzone) killed 14 mobs got 1% exp, during a bonus exp weekend. I went back last night on a NON bonus exp day to the same zones and got same results.... pretty cut and dry. no?
  8. Picaresque Augur

I had no problem receiving the 50% bonus. Ran numerous HAs throughout the weekend and received 50% more each time, including the guard bonus went from and additional 4 AAs to 6 AAs. Mid-50s level character in Grieg's End went from 4% to 6% per kill.

Looking forward to the next bonus ... Labor Day weekend perhaps?
    Lufraki likes this.
  9. Eluwenie Augur

It is, but also make sure your using 100% of either side you wish AA's or reg. exp. If not, that would cause an issue not to get that exp. sometimes it's the simple fixes that make a world of difference.
  10. Tvarian Augur

Your original post says nothing about going back the next day, or about comparing a bonus xp day to a non bonus xp day. You were only comparing one zone to another during an xp day. I was only referring to your original post. That's as cut and dry as it gets.

Now, if you went back last night and killed the same number of mobs on the same zones and got the same results, the first thing that comes to mind is the comparison of the hotzone itself. Since the hotzones have changed from the weekend to now, you are in effect saying that the hotzone itself had no xp gain compared to it's now regular state. Sounds like no matter what you do, you're not getting an xp boost of any sort. Don't know what to tell you about it. I would guess that maybe your sample size of mobs killed is too small to really see the difference. Next time, count the mobs starting with the one after you see an initial % change. Count how many it takes for 5% change from there. I would think that over a 5% difference, any advantage/disadvantage of xp gain for differences in mob level would average out.
  11. Lufraki Elder

It's funny you said that.. I tried to do that twice and twice I lost count...

Oh well, 6% from level now. Time to move on to different zone maybe anyways.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Also, keep in mind there is another XP bonus for killing mobs within 5 levels of you. Also, mobs can have a level range, where some are within 5, and some are not.

For the first night, where the hot zone gave the same overall XP gain as the non-hot zone, you may have killed more mobs within 5 levels, compared to the hot zone. And it's a scaling bonus. A mob 5 levels below you gives roughly a 95% bonus, and it's another 13% bonus per level as it gets closer to your level.

For the second night, when you went back, you may have killed more "bonus-range" (i.e. dark blue con) mobs compared to the first night, so even though you didn't have the weekend XP bonus, you still got just as much XP overall.

This scenario could explain what you saw, and is more likely than bonus XP worked for everyone but you.

Also, looking at the expected mob levels for those two zones, RT mobs should be just a slight bit higher on average, so that also fits with this scenario.

Tat